2014 Ford Escape Consumer Review: Model not listed, 2.0 4WD

2014 Ford Escape - Consumer Review

S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4-cyl. 6-speed Automatic)

Model not listed, 2.0 4WD
By pdawg1 on

2014 Ford Escape S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

This is a fun vehicle to drive and nice to look at plus we get lots of compliments. Then there is the MPG which is not as good as rated and the fuel range also seems less than the 15.1 gallon tank should indicate. I am hoping more owners will bring these concern up to Ford and have them addressed........

All the electronics are kind of fun and it is an easy driving vehicle.

Rear window wiper switch kind of confusing. Heater controls would be better if they were easier to see and adjust. DTE not always accurate and needs resetting more than once, still think the fuel tank might not be 15.1 gallons.
By btu11
on 01/22/14 12:08 PM (PST)

believe it or not, my wife and I have 2 Escapes We bought a '13 SE last March and I liked heresso well that I bought on in October.I am a traveling rep and have almost 11,000 miles on mine.We have both engines, the 1.6 and the 2.0. The 2.0 is well worth the extra grand as the torque is much better and it is quieter. Like the otheres the mileage isn't there and i question the size of the tank. My biggest complaint is the bluetooth for the sync and the HEATER. I was told by the dealer that the Samsung phones don't do well with the SYNC.where we live the kids have I phones and the adults have Samsung i'd like to see them fix that As for the heater even when on MAX it takes for ever to defrost, and practically no air gets to the floor your feet freeze.Most of the air is obviously directed to the large windshield , but a bigger motor, more capacity for the heater would be nice. Mine has the climate control where my wifes has the std heater, which works much better in distributing the air.I 've had it back to the dealer twice and they tell me thats normal. We live in Cleveland and its cold. the only way you get in real air moving thru the car to warm it up is to run freeway speeds which is nuts. The car is fun to drive , the mileage is so so 23.5-25.3 combined. build quality is great and the power tailgate is the best option ever