2014 Ford Escape Consumer Review: Making the Ford switch

2014 Ford Escape - Consumer Review

Making the Ford switch
By jfoehner on

2014 Ford Escape SE 4dr SUV (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I traded my 2012 Honda CRV for the 2014 Ford Escape to escape the Honda's horrible cabin road noise problem. In my humble opinion, the Honda was built on the cheap, while the Escape's interior materials are much better and the doors don't sound like tin cans.

The quite cabin is so wonderful as I live in rural Texas and my trips are mostly on farm to market roads. The Escape's superior blind spot features are on both side mirrors instead of just the driver's mirror on the Honda. It offers a very smooth ride, good handling features, very high quality interior materials, and the 25.6 mpg is a good start since I have driven less than 200 miles. This is my first time using the Sirius radio system and boy it's so cool. May never use the radio or CD player. Since I'm not into the bells and whistles, I don't have the My Touch System.

None that I can think of at present other than make sure all Ford products are always high quality and meet or exceed industry standards. That's the only way to get people back into American built vehicles.