From an Edge to an Escape
By ttdale on
2014 Ford Escape Titanium 4dr SUV AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)
I drove an Edge for 3 years. And I admit it was my dream car. It was fully loaded and beautiful. A 2011. But I moved into my dream home and my beautiful car was just no longer going to work. Have a side entry garage that the driveway curves over to then a sharp right into the garage. Not an easy manuvere. So instead of beating up my house and car I thought I'd get a smaller car. I love Ford. If you think buying the top of the line Escape with all the features will be as luxurious as the Edge, think again. Totally different class of vehicle. The Escape is very plastic. The seating is no where near as luxurious. But if you can get past that, you have yourself a really wonderful car.
Favorite Features
Gas mileage savings! My overall average is around 27mpg. But I hear that gets better the longer you have your car. The stereo is really nice. I am familiar with the sync system through my Edge so it wasn't too much of a learning curve. But it does work a little different. The navigation is pretty neat. I purchased the extended warranty along with the scratch and dent warranty, service warranty and tire deal. So for 6 years my car will remain looking and driving new at no additional cost and no deductible. I like that. No cost for tires, oil changes, brakes, scratches, dents, dings in my chrome wheels, 36,000 mile service paid for, etc! All at 0% interest too! I LOVE Ford!
Suggested Improvements
Really really wish the seats were as comfy as the Edge. The glossy plastic on the console. ..... very hard to keep glossy without fingerprint all the time. Wish it had the buttons in the back to lower the seats like in the Edge.