2014 Ford Escape Consumer Reviews 3

2014 Ford Escape - Consumer Reviews

2014 Ford Escape S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

View reviews for a specific Escape model:
2014 Ford Escape Titanium 2.0 liter ecoboost
By waltmye on 03/12/14 11:05 AM (PDT)

2014 Ford Escape Titanium 4dr SUV AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Bought the 2.0 liter 2014 Ford Escape Titanium from AutoNation Ford in Jacksonville, FL. I now have about 2,500 miles on the vehicle and am perfectly satisfied with all options and accessories including but not limited to Navigation, Sirius radio, sync, My Ford touch, panoramic moon roof, tow package etc. This is a comfortable and smooth riding vehicle which is also well built and easy to look at. I traded in a 2012 Ford Escape for the 2014 and have been very pleased with Ford quality in general and in this vehicle specifically.

Fun Little SUV
By tykesmom2007 on 03/04/14 09:33 AM (PST)

2014 Ford Escape SE 4dr SUV (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

After 6 years of driving a Ford Focus, I found that although I loved the car, I missed being in an SUV. I have a 2003 Explorer XLT that serves as our boat hauler/ camping vehicle, but needed something comfortable for trips to our mountain house. I've found it. This is an amazingly fun little SUV - handles well, and looks and feels like a much more expensive vehicle. One of the best driving cars I've ever owned. The gas mileage is not on par with my former Focus, but it's an easy trade off for the room and comfort in the Escape.

Do not drive at night
By hueyok on 02/22/14 08:29 AM (PST)

2014 Ford Escape SE 4dr SUV (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have a '14 Escape SE with blinding dash lights. According to Ford technicians, they are suppose to automatically dim in conjunction with the ambient light. For example, if it is daytime and full sun, the dash lights are full bright. Then as it gets toward dusk, the lights dim somewhat. At full night, the dash lights dim more to avoid bright lights in one's eyes. An alalogy to this would be like driving at night and an oncoming car has its lights on bright beam. Then as a courtesy, the person dims the lights to the low beam. This is why I am kaking Ford to task for designing a car that won't dim its dash lights as specified.

Happy with the purchase
By vaiyo on 02/21/14 10:19 AM (PST)

2014 Ford Escape Titanium 4dr SUV AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Just bought a 2014 Ford Escape Titanium equipped with the 2.0 liter turbocharged engine new off the lot. I'm very happy with the purchase. I live & work in the hilly suburbs of Pittsburgh, and the 2.0 liter engine has plenty of power and it still handles like a smaller car. I had concerns about the SYNC feature but I'm happy to report that it is not broken like non-Ford salesmen claim. The negative reviews about "functional storage" on the redesigned Escapes are true, though. The glove compartment is small, hard to reach (for the driver), and nearly useless and there is very little in the ways of storage for odds and ends. Trunk space is smaller but opens up with the back seats down.

Non dimming instrument lights
By hueyok on 02/16/14 16:10 PM (PST)

2014 Ford Escape SE 4dr SUV AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

The dash lights are suppose to automatically dim with the ambient amount of light. Mine don't and I have had it in the shop several times but to no avail. A Ford Representative said in essense, "that is tough and just live with it". There is no advisory on it yet and so they do not have a fix. I was told they don't plan to make one. Maybe on next year's model they will. But according to Ford technicians, this one is designed to do just this. It is a sad fact that Ford will build such complex cars but are unable or unwilling to correct them. Other threads I have read on the internet are experiencing this same problem.

research usability before buying and 2013 model comments..wish we did
By arr1 on 01/29/14 17:02 PM (PST)

We bought a 2014 Escape and noticed the following:
- no driver storage for wallet, change or anything ...only 2 cup holders when not being used;
- glove box is out of reach even for a tall driver and offers no storage capacity;
-transmission blocks dash controls;
- MPG :/
- Center console is useless as a 1.5 foot narrow fishing hole that houses the USB connection half way down;
door panel cup holder is non-functional as it's too narrow to fit our drinks;
some interior plastic is not wearing well;
firm narrow seats

Making the Ford switch
By jfoehner on 01/11/14 08:13 AM (PST)

2014 Ford Escape SE 4dr SUV (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I traded my 2012 Honda CRV for the 2014 Ford Escape to escape the Honda's horrible cabin road noise problem. In my humble opinion, the Honda was built on the cheap, while the Escape's interior materials are much better and the doors don't sound like tin cans.

Traded up to Titanium 2.0
By terra4m on 01/06/14 00:19 AM (PST)

2014 Ford Escape Titanium 4dr SUV AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I purchased a 2013 Escape SE 4wd w/ the 1.6L engine and loved the vehicle. I wished I had gone with more features, so I traded it on a 2014 Escape Titanium 4wd with the 2.0L engine and all the goodies. I love this vehicle! I've owned a lot of cars, from most all manufacturers, including high-end cars, and this new Titanium is my favorite all-around vehicle. I get very good gas mileage, it's very comfortable, and the NVH, fit and finish are on par with the luxury brands. Sync w/ MyFordTouch is terrific, and intuitive. I can also use the manual controls easily if I don't want to use the voice or touch controls. Ford has really done a great job with their new vehicles.

Fun to Drive 2014 Escape Titanium 2.0T 4WD
By escapeman2 on 11/22/13 15:38 PM (PST)

2014 Ford Escape Titanium 4dr SUV AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I like driving it, I was leasing a Mercedes E350 when I bought the Escape, and I really don't regret buying it, I feel just as comfortable as I was in the E Class, The Touch screen is more complicated than it should be, but it works. Everybody that see the car praises it for the looks, the drive, handling, built quality, etc. I think for the $33K 4WD and 401A package its a good value, it's quiet which I like and the stereo is great comparable to the E Class. I really cant wait to drive it every day, its fun, and spacious, I'm not a tall person! Even the kids like it better than the E Class, I owned before the ML and R Class but love this one the best

My car constantly overheats
By jerseygirl77 on 11/08/13 09:53 AM (PST)

2014 Ford Escape SE 4dr SUV AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Ford never fixed the 1.6L engine problems. My car is always in the shop.