2014 ford escape SE
By ervdawg1986 on
2014 Ford Escape SE 4dr SUV (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)
Bought 2014 SE model two months ago after testing 2014 Mazda CX 5 and 2013 Toyota Rav 4 as contenders. Although it was a difficult decision we decided with the escape after receiving several thousand off and more options then the other two. I have the 1.6 liter engine and has been great accelerating then expected from expert reviews. Although common by many other consumers reviews from the 2013 it has not yet unfortunately lived up to EPA estimates of 22/30 MPG. Highest has been 25.2 on highway after only 900 miles though. We shall see if break in period makes a difference soon enough. As for the talked about My Ford Touch, well I couldn't be any happier! Escape is quiet and handles great.
Favorite Features
Love the rearview camera! Having an 8 inch screen vs 5.8 inch on Mazda/Toyota makes a big difference. Better yet backing up provides light colored bars that indicate when to stop from green to red. Voice command simply by the press of button has been perfect thus far. Request a certain radio station, calling someone or navigate to a place. Although complaints early on with 2013 models the My Ford Touch on the 2014 model works absolutely perfect! It should now with 2013 once you get the recent software updates on it. Used navigation to already 15 destinations and it was spot on the whole way each time taking me there. Love having ac vents for people in back and 110 volt outlet to charge.
Suggested Improvements
Simply waiting on meeting EPA estimates for MPG as I am getting an average of 24.0 thus far.
By springman
on 01/26/14 11:04 AM (PST)

No surprise to me. When Ford came out with the Eco-Boost I thought of it as Eco-Boast and I'm a Ford owner. Here in MD most drivers drive like maniacs and a turbo engine eats gas unless you drive it conservatively. Regardless of what is said the maintenance is higher as well as the initial cost. I would not expect high mpg from these turbo motors. Good luck however!

By jharvey6
on 09/27/13 16:25 PM (PDT)

Yes you will need to use premium fuel to achieve the rated mpg.