88 of 20,381 people found this review helpful
2014 Escape Titanium AWD with 2.0 engine
By sharon61 on
2014 Ford Escape Titanium 4dr SUV AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)
I leased my white tri-coat with black leather Escape Titanium on 6/29/13 and have now driven it a little over 2300 miles---enough to give you a meaningful review. Essentially, I love this vehicle for its eye-catching exterior design, good performance and handling, and comfortable, quiet interior. With the 2.0 liter turbo engine and regular gas I average about 21.5mpg in a daily mix of city and interstate driving, and I got 28mpg on a 254-mile interstate trip yesterday while averaging about 4-5mph over the speed limit.
Favorite Features
My favorite features are the Escape's good looks, including the matching painted wheels that 'pop' with the tri-coat white paint, the comfortable (I'm 6'1") black leather seats with white cross-stitching, and again, the quiet interior, which is very important to me because I'm a musician and enjoy listening to my iTunes/satellite radio on the high-performing Sony sound system. The IIHS safety ratings are very good which also comfort me, and the mileage slightly exceeds my expectations. I also appreciate the rain-sensing wipers, side-collision warning lights in the outside mirrors, and the extra-large-screen with automatic back-up camera for entertainment, navigation, phone and climate.
Suggested Improvements
As other reviewers have noted, the range is a little below par---I have NOT broken the 300-mile range in my daily commute, although I've ALMOST hit 400 miles on interstate trips. The Sync/My Ford Touch System works pretty well---my iPhone 5 syncs immediately almost every time, but not all controls/commands are intuitive; for example, I had a hard time turning off the audio-assisted navigation guide. Also, it still malfunctions almost daily, for example, I'll say, 'Call Jane Doe on her cell phone' and perhaps 80% of the time it'll do as I command, but 20% of the time it'll give me a lecture about how to issue commands correctly. Finally, there's no small storage space for change--frustrating.
Recommend (88) (20,293)