2014 Ford Escape SUV Consumer Reviews

2014 Ford Escape SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape model:
Excellent small SUV
By bobby_boise on 02/20/15 13:19 PM (PST)

2014 Ford Escape SUV Titanium 4dr SUV AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I'm amazed to hear the complaints by others of bad gas mileage and the Sync system. I'll address those first. A 2012 Escape with the V-6 has much less HP and torque and will only get about 19mpg city. Our 2014 2.0 Eco Boost gets around 22 to 23 in the city commute with 240 HP, it's got more power than my 1985 Mustang GT. It scoots! Plus the MPG is 15% higher than its V-6 predecessor. What about that isn't awesome. The engine is so good you can find it in the Range Rover Evoque at 40-50k. Any complaints here just can't be non-agenda driven. The SYNC system is very intuitive to us. No problems at all. I'm not really sure what is so difficult to understand.

Wind whistle at highway speed
By Sue Gamber on 02/18/15 12:34 PM (PST)

2014 Ford Escape SUV Titanium 4dr SUV AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Would love this car, if not for the fact that it whistles when going over 55. An internet search has shown me that this is an ongoing problem with this model Wish I had seen that first. Have had it to the service department over 7 times, and they cannot fix it. Ford tells me I am out of luck. Do yourself a favor, try a different vehicle.

higher trim levels are most compelling
By petalmasher on 02/17/15 19:19 PM (PST)

2014 Ford Escape SUV Titanium 4dr SUV (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

A little more expensive than others in the class but with great handling and the powerful 2.0 liter engine it's a great car to drive, and the material quality of the dash and door panels is nice enough not to look out of place when you upgrade to leather seats. The infotainment system requires that you take an hour or two to sit down and learn how to use it if you are going to get the most out of it. The suspension smooths vibrations and small bumps out well, but a good sized pot hole can be pretty jarring if you drive through it. I have never gotten gas millage as high as the highway estimates, but also never quit as low as the city estimates. in combined driving I get around 25 mpg.

Buy it
By sal96 on 01/23/15 19:08 PM (PST)

2014 Ford Escape SUV Titanium 4dr SUV AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Amazing! Totally redesigned, the new escape is powerful, sporty, elegant and comfortable. The titanium package is totally worth the extra money. The SONY touch screen gps interface has a lot of good features. The escape accelerates well on the highway, plenty of power when you put your foot down. The panorama roof is very nice. New electric steering is a BIG improvement and you can feel the difference. Above all you can tell Ford did their homework on this one, the escape has a very nice sleek design inside and out, much better than the asian makes. In Southern california, small suvs were for a long time dominated by RAV4s and CRVs. Now I see more of these escapes than the new RAV4.

mixed emotions
By swalcher on 12/31/14 10:13 AM (PST)

2014 Ford Escape SUV Titanium 4dr SUV AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

14 Escape 2.0L AWD Titanium / Bought used with 25,700 miles on 12/11/14. Bought used thinking all possible issues should be resolved. MPG is terrible at 21 HWY and 17 city. We have now driven this vehicle a 1000 miles and I am ready for my fifth fill-up. The gas gauge appears to be off. At the quarter mark, I am only able to put in about 8.5 gallons. After reading the manual, I discover the term Eco Boost has nothing to do with fuel economy. I haven't really figured out what it means. This vehicle is really easy to get in and out. It has great acceleration but the ride is little bumpy but as short wheel base will cause this issue. The wife loves the car and that's what counts.

14 escape titanium 2.0l AWD w/nav. and pan roof
By rwalters1 on 12/27/14 17:33 PM (PST)

2014 Ford Escape SUV Titanium 4dr SUV AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Great so far. traded a 13 Honda crv ex-l on this 14 tit. 2.0l awd. Only drove 1400 miles. the ford makes the Honda feel like it was a ten year old car. Love the power of the 2.0 turbo. Much better than the 1.6 in my fusion se fwd. drives nice feels solid, quiet. put a hitch on. 2000 lb cap. learning to use the nav. and sync. nice features but takes some learning. Will follow up at 10000 miles or so.

Satisfied owner of 2014 Ford Escape S 2.0L/Turbo FWD
By ride50 on 10/31/14 09:39 AM (PDT)

2014 Ford Escape SUV S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Purchased 2014 Ford Escape S/FWD with 2.0L/Turbo. Ford Sync & Navigation. I have read a lot of complaints about Ford Sync/Nav. I have absolutely no problems with Sync and Navigation. I personally think the system is way too cumbersome for average user to understand and operate. Down to earth manual would solve the current Sync/Nav complaints. There are so many options with Sync & Nav to explore that even average Ford salesman does not know how to demonstrate the features. The manual supplied with the vehicle is very poorly written. I had to go on line to research all the functions this system can offer. Purchased 2014 end of the model year, excellent value, rebates, discounts, financing.

Unhappy with purchase
By unhappyone2 on 10/06/14 13:08 PM (PDT)

2014 Ford Escape SUV S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Purchased new 2014 Escape 2 months ago (3100 miles now). Have had to take for service several times. A clear lemon with numerous issues: poor gas mileage (best 21 MPG – advertised 22mpg city, 30mpg highway), Continual AC problems freezing up and now intermittent (dealer says Ford knows of problem with no fix yet), intermittent chemical smell, grinding steering column (dealer says others do same), Slipping transmission bang (dealer can't duplicate), wiper squeaks and jumps (4 service visits no fix), sticking seat belt replaced, radio screen won't reset (dealer says same on others). We've requested a buyback and are waiting.

Still young with under 400 miles on the vehicle
By james_p on 09/28/14 08:55 AM (PDT)

2014 Ford Escape SUV SE 4dr SUV AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

With me medically retiring from the military and getting a service dog, it was time to retire our Suzuki SX4 for something bigger, and with us moving to Maine it had to have AWD. We had looked at Subaru's but the Ford dealer was able to give us a substantial discount to make this less than a Subaru, so we bit. Wonderful little SUV, love the way that the AWD starts out in AWD and shifts to FWD as you are cruising. Fuel econ has been great, and the kids are comfortable in the rear, with the dog in the back it fit's us perfectly. Going to have to do a few trips to get her to 1k miles before we move to tow a trailer, but that should not be an issue with how nice she drives. Will do an update.

Escape 2.0 liter titanium 4WD/10,000 mile update
By johnjrs3 on 08/03/14 17:41 PM (PDT)

2014 Ford Escape SUV Titanium 4dr SUV AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

It's hard to believe but at an 80 mile per day round trip commute I am already at 10,000 miles in a vehicle I bought in April 2014. I do winding up and down country roads and a piece of interstate hiway every day. Mileage now 26.5mpg in combined driving. Not bad at all. This car continues to perform as if it is a much more expensive car. Still hugs the road like a beemer and with excellent acceleration. No rattles or squeaks. Solid feel. Mytouch has worked flawlessly, with no problems and pretty functional. Moon roof puts in exactly the right breeze--not too rough but can feel it. At this rate I'll have 50-60K after 2 years. I'll come back for an updated review at 25,000.