2014 Ford Escape - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape model:
Satisfied owner of 2014 Ford Escape S 2.0L/Turbo FWD
By ride50 on 10/31/14 09:39 AM (PDT)

2014 Ford Escape S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Purchased 2014 Ford Escape S/FWD with 2.0L/Turbo. Ford Sync & Navigation. I have read a lot of complaints about Ford Sync/Nav. I have absolutely no problems with Sync and Navigation. I personally think the system is way too cumbersome for average user to understand and operate. Down to earth manual would solve the current Sync/Nav complaints. There are so many options with Sync & Nav to explore that even average Ford salesman does not know how to demonstrate the features. The manual supplied with the vehicle is very poorly written. I had to go on line to research all the functions this system can offer. Purchased 2014 end of the model year, excellent value, rebates, discounts, financing.

Unhappy with purchase
By unhappyone2 on 10/06/14 13:08 PM (PDT)

2014 Ford Escape S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Purchased new 2014 Escape 2 months ago (3100 miles now). Have had to take for service several times. A clear lemon with numerous issues: poor gas mileage (best 21 MPG – advertised 22mpg city, 30mpg highway), Continual AC problems freezing up and now intermittent (dealer says Ford knows of problem with no fix yet), intermittent chemical smell, grinding steering column (dealer says others do same), Slipping transmission bang (dealer can't duplicate), wiper squeaks and jumps (4 service visits no fix), sticking seat belt replaced, radio screen won't reset (dealer says same on others). We've requested a buyback and are waiting.

Still young with under 400 miles on the vehicle
By james_p on 09/28/14 08:55 AM (PDT)

2014 Ford Escape SE 4dr SUV AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

With me medically retiring from the military and getting a service dog, it was time to retire our Suzuki SX4 for something bigger, and with us moving to Maine it had to have AWD. We had looked at Subaru's but the Ford dealer was able to give us a substantial discount to make this less than a Subaru, so we bit. Wonderful little SUV, love the way that the AWD starts out in AWD and shifts to FWD as you are cruising. Fuel econ has been great, and the kids are comfortable in the rear, with the dog in the back it fit's us perfectly. Going to have to do a few trips to get her to 1k miles before we move to tow a trailer, but that should not be an issue with how nice she drives. Will do an update.

Escape 2.0 liter titanium 4WD/10,000 mile update
By johnjrs3 on 08/03/14 17:41 PM (PDT)

2014 Ford Escape Titanium 4dr SUV AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

It's hard to believe but at an 80 mile per day round trip commute I am already at 10,000 miles in a vehicle I bought in April 2014. I do winding up and down country roads and a piece of interstate hiway every day. Mileage now 26.5mpg in combined driving. Not bad at all. This car continues to perform as if it is a much more expensive car. Still hugs the road like a beemer and with excellent acceleration. No rattles or squeaks. Solid feel. Mytouch has worked flawlessly, with no problems and pretty functional. Moon roof puts in exactly the right breeze--not too rough but can feel it. At this rate I'll have 50-60K after 2 years. I'll come back for an updated review at 25,000.

Surpassed expectations
By cinemabon on 07/15/14 12:57 PM (PDT)

2014 Ford Escape Titanium 4dr SUV AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Having driven Toyota's and Hyundai's over the past decade, my wife and I decided to go domestic and test drove a Ford Escape. We were stunned with the level of craftsmanship and quality. We wanted the sunroof and purchased the Titanium that also includes the Escape's top-of-the-line package (did not include park assist). From the moment we took to the road, we fell in love with the Escape and have continued that love affair for the past two months. The car is quiet, drives easily, has a ton of features, and is easy to learn once you figure out the Sync capabilities. We also love the remote start, a must when you live in the south (North Carolina).

From an Edge to an Escape
By ttdale on 07/07/14 17:52 PM (PDT)

2014 Ford Escape Titanium 4dr SUV AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I drove an Edge for 3 years. And I admit it was my dream car. It was fully loaded and beautiful. A 2011. But I moved into my dream home and my beautiful car was just no longer going to work. Have a side entry garage that the driveway curves over to then a sharp right into the garage. Not an easy manuvere. So instead of beating up my house and car I thought I'd get a smaller car. I love Ford. If you think buying the top of the line Escape with all the features will be as luxurious as the Edge, think again. Totally different class of vehicle. The Escape is very plastic. The seating is no where near as luxurious. But if you can get past that, you have yourself a really wonderful car.

Not a fan of the '14 Escape
By ducky0425 on 06/21/14 18:02 PM (PDT)

2014 Ford Escape Titanium 4dr SUV AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Bought a '14 AWD Escape Titanium on 9/4/13. The pros is the the handle and pickup of the vehicle. Have almost 17K on the vehicle. It is very good from a handle perspective going around turns and curves and the pickup is above average. I would not purchase one again becuz 1) the moonroof is a soft cover, I like to roll down my windows and the cover flaps unless I roll it all the way back 2) the air pressure in tires keeps going low and it doesn't tell which tire is low 3) already had the GPS replaced at 2500 miles 4) the gas mileage took approx 12K before getting 21 mpg 5) the voice recognition is extremely sensitive and is frustrating 6) AC/heat doesn't return to same level when turned on

LOVE THIS VEHICLE
By missie601 on 06/12/14 08:02 AM (PDT)

2014 Ford Escape Titanium 4dr SUV (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I traded my 2009 chevy Colorado for the 4wd, 1.6 liter Titanium. Although I loved my truck and was sad to trade, I have not missed my truck at all! I now get 27 mpg on highways and have even gotten 33.5 mpg on 2 lane country roads, depending on how hard I drive it. It is a super fun vehicle to drive. We have driven it 8 hours to the beach and it was very comfortable. Everything has worked perfectly on this vehicle. I was worried about the acceleration due to going from a V8 to a 4 cyl, but the acceleration is great. I have no complaints whatsoever about this vehicle. Very happy!

2500 mile update for escape titanium 2.0 L 4WD
By johnjrs3 on 05/21/14 17:59 PM (PDT)

2014 Ford Escape Titanium 4dr SUV AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Now have 2500 miles on titanium 2.0 liter 4WD escape. Mileage has improved to 26 mpg in mixed driving including hills and highway. Excellent acceleration. Mytouch and synch have performed perfectly. Mytouch is easy to use. Perhaps the newer version that this car has fixed all problems. I have had zero problems with it. The car drives with a European feel almost BMW-like. Continues quiet and solid.

Sporty SUV - Escape Titanium 2.0L AWD
By 2010pilot on 05/13/14 12:26 PM (PDT)

2014 Ford Escape Titanium 4dr SUV AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I recently traded in my 2010 camaro to get more room and better winter driving. I researched and drove a lot of cars and I have never owned a ford, I liked the escape the best. I got the almost completely loaded Titanium version, I was a little scared off the price at the start but the car had a lot of great tech features that I liked and I was able to get close to $5000 off MSRP with incentives and negotiations (use True Car to save some $$$). The titanium has everything you could possible use in a car! The 2.0 L turbo also has good power. Mixed driving has been about 25 MPG so far. The car is solid overall and has everything you could think of for options on the loaded version.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2014 Ford Escape in VA is:

$149 per month*