2014 Ford Escape Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Ford Escape - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape model:

Fantastic vehicle!
By Heavy D

2014 Ford Escape Titanium 4dr SUV AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I love my Titanium 2.0 AWD Escape so much when I took a friend shopping for a car after trying out several other brands she bought a twin to mine. Nothing is easier for those with limited mobility to get in and out of out of the 25+ cars we tested for my grandma to get in and out of who is 90 with limited mobility. Absolute bang up job Ford!

Poor resale
By Tim

2014 Ford Escape SE 4dr SUV AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I purchased the car on a whim as I needed to travel across country. I was shopping for a midsize truck or larger SUV. I have it listed on a a variety of sights for thousands under retail and all I get is low ball trade in offers. This vehicle still has a Factory warranty and in very good condition. Not a good resale vehicle.

Amazing rental car; great for fleets
By I

2014 Ford Escape SE 4dr SUV AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Me and my 7 best friends rented a 2014 Ford Escape SEL 4Dr 1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A in Denver, Colorado. Upon driving out of the rental agency, we were surprised at how much we loved the car. The interior was super super comfortable with plenty of storage and it was perfect for road trips. The electronics were great and the GPS was super helpful. The trunk fit all of our ski equipment which was a lot. Perfect car, I would totally want to own one

Good Performance and Value
By James

2014 Ford Escape Titanium 4dr SUV (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

First the good news. It is a nice looking SUV. Especially with the Titanium Package. We got a good deal on the price of the vehicle from the Ford Dealer in addition to 0% interest. The 2.0 Turbo engine is smooth and powerful. This SUV has good acceleration with the optional 2.0 Ecoboost engine. Driving without being real conservative, we average a combined city/highway mileage of 27.3 miles per gallon. The ride is comfortable and the vehicle handles well. Brakes are good. Navigation screen is a good size and gives clear directions. Controls are good quality. The SUV has good room inside and the back seats laying flat is a great feature for more cargo space. They are also easy to operate. Heated front seats are nice and the rear camera/sensors work well. Minor negative observations. I wish there was just a little less road noise at highway speed. Seal at bottom of doors would probably help get rid of some of that. The front seats could use about another 1/2 inch of knee bolster. The Sony Audio System is acceptable but is not as good as the Harmon Kardon one we had in our last car. The Sync System has a hard time understanding voice commands. These are minor negative observations after owning vehicle for 18 months and 15K miles. Ford Escape is a great vehicle and a good value for the money.

Good design but crappy parts
By Jon

2014 Ford Escape Titanium 4dr SUV AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I got the 2014 Ford Escape Titanium AWD (2.0 Liter engine). I really like the design of the vehicle and the interior. The fuel economy isn't as bad as some have stated. I average about 24mpg combined (27-28 highway). The AWD does a really good job in slippery conditions, and I was pretty impressed with it. However! I bought it in Nov 2013 and I've already had a few issues that really surprised me. The first issue was within 10k miles. I had a bearing go bad in my front right wheel. The warranty covered it no problem, but it was still really strange. A couple of months later I had back left strut go bad, and I had to get that replaced. Still it was under warranty so it wasn't a huge issue, but I was starting to worry about the quality of the Ford parts. Now this week I took it in for a knocking noise when I back-up and it turns out my front left strut is bad as well. This time however it was only covered under the extended warranty for some reason, so I had to pay a 100$ co-pay. At this point I'm basically considering my options to escape this Escape. I'm barely at 35k miles on this thing and not quite 2 years of ownership. I understand parts go bad, but for 3 parts to fail in the first 2 years and 35k miles worries me.

• SUV