2013 Ford Escape 1.6L 4-cyl. Turbo 6-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Very solid

2013 Ford Escape - Consumer Review

2013 Ford Escape SE 4dr SUV (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

SE 4dr SUV (1.6L 4-cyl. Turbo 6-speed Automatic)

Very solid
By sven7 on

2013 Ford Escape SE 4dr SUV (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

After a week of mostly 2 lane highway driving, I offer the following observations. The cabin is very quiet and the ride quality in the front seats is excellent. It handles choppy pavement quite well. In my opinion, it continues Ford's recent unfortunate trend of being overly "tech-happy" even when the benefits appear slim. I was able to find one without FordTouch. Sync will only partially connect with my older Bluetooth phone, making but not receiving calls, a problem the salesperson says is common. I strongly suspect the buyer demographic for this car will be much older than for the Focus/Fiesta and simpler would be appreciated.

Favorite Features

Quiet, smooth ride. Predictable handling. Driver seating position.

Suggested Improvements

Offer option of power seats and perhaps even leather on the SE. The power liftgate absent the hands free feature turns out to be rather inconvenient. The reception range for FM stations is barely 30 miles (compared to 100 in my other car), possibly due to the windshield antenna design or possibly due to a deal with Sirius to make the radio bad enough that subscribers will stay on after the trial period.