2013 Ford Escape Consumer Review: Very Loud Knocking! After Cold

2013 Ford Escape SUV - Consumer Review

2013 Ford Escape SUV

Very Loud Knocking! After Cold Start.
By maniac4 on

2013 Ford Escape S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I got a 2.5 liter S model, I do believe it has engine damage. It has 700 miles on it. Extremely loud lifters as well as lower end knocks. cold But after about 20 minutes of driving it gets somewhat less noisy. I think I might have low oil pressure. But of course the dealer says its normal. Without even listening or checking.. But other than that is ok I guess. No other complaints, I got synch but why bother. I don't use it. I just hope this motor smoothes out or blows. I stayed away from the turbo cause I figured Id be keeping it for a long time. Aint much for high tech. But the motor worries me a bit. but hey. A motor can be replaced. I hope it smoothes out though . Anyone have any input?

Everything but the motor! Everything else works as it should.

R and R motor. Its hard to rate this wagon with the engine noises I have. I made a video of it to show the dummies at the dealer how it sounds in the cold start mode. Why do we have to diagnose our vehicles. seems to me Nobody cares anymore! They claim a 5-60 warrantee but the dealers are very difficult to work with.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review