Terrible Mileage and Range
By wi_escape54843 on
2013 Ford Escape Titanium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)
Bought this as commuter car knowing I'd give up some mileage to AWD, but hills of Duluth and tough winter made it good choice. With 1200 mi in just 2 wks, mpg < 21 on 160 mi daily commute w/ 90% hwy. Ford claim of 24 avg w 28 hwy is unacceptably inaccurate. By comparison - the 07 Sebring I traded avg 29 - 31 (seasonal), even my 03 dura max avg 20.6 for same journey as it is the ride I used for tough winter days. Escape worsens this with a small tank compared to Sebring with barely 300 mi, compared to 420 I had. So far - I'm incredibly disappointed.
Favorite Features
Creature comforts, ride noise, and general appearance are nice. Also plenty of zip when needed, and for a x-over, not too bad. Design wise, it meets needs.
Suggested Improvements
MPGS!!!! Where are they??? Avg 20 - 30 mi per year this may prove to be a costly error on my part, not to mention the thrill of being reminded of this lapse in judgement as I fuel every 1.5 days. Oh well, live and learn... Cheers.
By larrymay
on 04/14/13 17:09 PM (PDT)

I purchased the same car. Mine is Tuxedo Black. Have approx. 4K miles. I have yet to see anything above 20.8 I did however run some tests. At 25-30 mpg the car did register 29 mpg. But normal highway speeds resulted in 20.8 I'm contacting my dealership here in Tacoma,wa for a solution.