Tried hard to like my Escape
By bvarga1749 on
2013 Ford Escape SE 4dr SUV AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)
I purchased my 2013 Ford Escape SE AWD 1.6 EcoBoost used October 2013. Received a great deal from Ford dealer, this was preowned with 18,000 miles. Two months after I had to fight to get my rear tail lamps replaced due to water leaking in. Ford requires 50% condensation and then pictures sent in. This was unacceptable, Ford replaced. Overall, this was fun vehicle to drive. Good pickup with Ecoboost but very hard shift jolting points with transmission. Also the transmission seemed to lag when pressing pedal. Center console is not long enough or big enough, along with glove compartment. Long trips, seats feel hard. Luckily I had $1800 equity, traded for 2014 Toyota Rav4 XLE.
Favorite Features
EcoBoost engine, sporty feeling to drive around corners. Fairly did well in deep snow over the winter. Had several big storms over the 2013-2014 winter months and the Escape did not hesitate in the deep snow. Soft touch dash materials.
Suggested Improvements
Small gas tank, this became annoying weekly and on long trips. City driving I could only get 220 max on one tank. I am good on the gas pedal, coast up to stop lights, stop signs. Mixed city and highway I was getting 17.8 MPG, far off from what Ford states. Highway was 24.6 MPG cruising at 70 MPH, again far away from what Ford claims. This was also with my dash stating I was an "ECO Champion" with my driving. Rav4-24.6MPG mixed.Ford customer service, rep I spoke to was rude when I could originally not come to terms with a resolution to tail lights being replaced. Overall, I encourage to test drive all the competition. I was lucky to not roll over money when trading for my 2014 Toyota Rav4.