2013 Eco Boost
By topsee on
2013 Ford Escape SE 4dr SUV (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)
I purchased my Escape in the fall of 2012 and it presently has less than 12k in miles on it. Four recalls on this model. Sync system failed and the dealer reset it and said they could not provide the replacement part unless the system failed completely. I would not purchase an Escape until the problems are remedied on the factory level. for the Eco Boost engine. Presently back at the dealer with a low coolant/service warning, which I suspect has something to do with the last recall work not done correctly. I am contemplating trading as I am now uncertain of the vehicle's future.
Favorite Features
Fun to drive, very nimble, Sync system, has more room for taller people than others in the same class, comfortable seats, excellent highway mileage
Suggested Improvements
correct problems with the Eco Boost engines
By topsee
on 07/19/14 18:17 PM (PDT)

addendum to my review, 12,654 miles and 9 recalls, I am finished. The air-conditioning compressor had to be replaced and at the same time, two more recalls. I will eat the loss and never own another Ford product. The word is out on these vehicles and their value has plummeted. I should consider myself lucky that I was able to dump it.