2013 Ford Escape Consumer Review: RECALLED and REPURCHASED

2013 Ford Escape - Consumer Review

SEL 4dr SUV (1.6L 4-cyl. Turbo AWD 6-speed Automatic)

RECALLED and REPURCHASED
By gb191 on

2013 Ford Escape SEL 4dr SUV AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

We bought our 2013 Escape last July, loved the the look of it, loved the interior and was hoping for great gas mileage with the EcoBoost engine... Well after two weeks it was recalled for engine fires. Ford had it for a week... Then at Thanksgiving it was recalled again...this time Ford had it for a month... Same issue.. In addition I think the engine, 1.6, is too small for the vehicle, the stated 22 mpg city is way way off... I am lucky if I get 16-17 locally. All I drive is local, we commute 13 miles each way through NYC, I was hoping the EcoBoost engine would be ideal... Boy was/am I surprised.. We have applied for Lemon Law and Ford will repurchase it soon.

Add a hybrid and get rid of the 1.6 engine, it's too underpowered for this vehicle.
By walk_the_walk2
on 05/12/14 17:18 PM (PDT)

FORD refused our repurchase request for an identical 4WD 1.6 2013 Escape, purchased in TENN. They told us at first they would buy it back, but then quickly recanted it. Meanwhile, after denying the request, two more recalls bubbled up this weekend, one for the airbag controller software and one for the doors popping open and ejecting the passengers. It would be very helpful to me if you could list the problems you had with your car specifically, number of days in the shop, and whether FORD actually did repurchase it or not.