Piece of Junk
By bbgun1 on
2013 Ford Escape SE 4dr SUV AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)
I have had this car for 3,000 miles. It does nothing well. Poor fuel economy, 22 mpg at 75 MPH. Car was designed for around town and not for highway driving. Suspension is to stiff in poor roads and will cause fatigue. Gearing is incorrect for the motor. Zippy around town, nothing left after 60mph. That is why it does not get gas milage, rpm tWhy do I need a warning light on my dash telling me my door are locked. This car was designed by weezel engineering for sure. I have people in my company that refuse to ride in this car due to its harsh ride. Seat belt buzzer will not shut off and you cant fix it! I call it the buzz box, motor buzzes and that is what you listen to all the time
Favorite Features
Nice front seats
Suggested Improvements
Start over and redesign the car
By auburn2
on 01/21/13 11:52 AM (PST)

bbgun1 Good advice for you, next time you buy a new or used vehicle DRIVE IT FIRST!!!!! Confusious say.. Ya don't like ya don't buy. You only have yourself to blame. My 1.6 gets 32 mpg at 60 on hwy. and has plenty of go for passing. 75 mph will kill mileage on any make or model. If I hated it like you I'd sell or trade it for another make,fast.

By emajor
on 03/12/13 21:51 PM (PDT)

EPA ratings are not valid at 79 mph. Wind resistance increases exponentially with velocity. Kills mileage, particularly on higher profile vehicles with small engines. This is not a difficult concept. And suspensions don't "break in". [non-permissible content removed].

By bbgun1
on 03/11/13 19:11 PM (PDT)

So after 8,000 miles the suspension is breaking in and rides better. Fuel economy 79 mph= 21.8-my truck used to get 19 and it was a v8. 70 mph 23-24 mpg. This car is a company car so I did not get a choice. at 60 mph it will pull 32 mpg, who drives 60 mph? It is the most anoying car ever. everytime I turn on my front wipers my rear goes on. You will hit it everytime, poor design again. Cant listen to the radio and talk on the phone unless you disable bluetooth...this car is all about control and big goverment. Must have been designed by a democrat.. you turn off the anti slip and they have a back up anti slip so ggod luck sliding the car is snow. Epic failure of an automobile....