2013 Ford Escape Consumer Review: Not a dependable vehicle. Move

2013 Ford Escape - Consumer Review

2013 Ford Escape

Not a dependable vehicle. Move on to something else
By roggom on

2013 Ford Escape SE 4dr SUV (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

My escape is very glichy. Sometimes the radio will not work, or the remotes do not work. The next day they will be fine. It is not the restricted driver feature, as I got very familiar with that garbage very qucikly. The first week I had the car, the rear hatch handle (used to close the hatch) came completly off. I did not yank it just pulled down and it came off in my hand.
Yes, the car is zippy on dry road, but you get into a few inches of snow or mud and this silly vehicle will bog down and start slowing down. It must have some anti-slip slow down feature as all it does it make it impossible to move. ON heavy snow days I can not park in my own driveway.

I do like the radio, and the mirrors. I can see where other vehicles would have blind spots.

The only improvement would to be take this car in a parking lot, douse with gas and burn it to the ground. The only reason I am keeping this vehicle is because mine is a company fleet vehicle. I would not have purchased it outright, nor trust it for my wife or daughter to travel. If you live in a warm dry state, you may be ok. But do not buy this vehicle if you plan to travel through in climate weather. You will be guaranteed to be stuck on the side of the road. Ford should be ashamed of themselves.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review