Multitude of Flaws... And Ford has been making cars for 110 years?!
By monroviaguy on
2013 Ford Escape SEL 4dr SUV (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)
Always a Honda owner, I switched to the Escape because of cool gadgetry and improved reputation. Incentives sealed the deal, but it's been downhill since the purchase. It's been recalled for a potential fire issue. Fuel economy is horrible!! My previous V6 Honda got 20 mpg driving the exact same daily commute, but my Escape only gets 21 (should be closer to 27)! The Sync MyTouch (upgraded) system is terribly glitchy, sometimes freezing up, telling me the wrong time (by hours), losing all audio... infuriating!! Ford doesn't know why. Apps (as advertised) aren't available on the more expensive system, only the base Sync! I had high hopes, but Ford will never earn my business again.
Favorite Features
Voice commands for Sync are a cool feature, but not always working. The AC system has about 8 air vents in the front, which appealed to me so I could keep the air from blowing directly in my face and drying out my contacts. Acoustic windshield helps keep the cabin pretty quiet. Adjustable color cabin lights are useless, but a nice feature nonetheless. Automatic headlights, fog lights, gutter lights... all cool too. Cap-less gas tank is convenient when refueling (which I seem to do quite often).
Suggested Improvements
Align the driver's headrest with the center of the seat! If If I sit squarely in the center of the seat with my arms aligned on the steering wheel, my head sits off center from the headrest... very annoying! Guess I won't lean my head back EVER. Fix Sync properly and allow all the cool apps (Pandora, etc) to be added to the more expensive MyTouch Sync system. We paid to upgrade to get the better gadgetry, not less! Publish more accurate EPA estimates (everyone is complaining, Ford, so you know it's an issue yet you continue to mislead us)! Add storage cubbies! Cup holders or under-the-floor storage bins are NOT where I want to put a packet of gum! A back-up camera should be standard!
By simul8guy
on 04/09/13 06:39 AM (PDT)

Seems like your 'star rating' should be lower to match your negative comments....