2013 Ford Escape Consumer Review: Mileage, SYNC Very disappointi

2013 Ford Escape SUV - Consumer Review

2013 Ford Escape SUV

Mileage, SYNC Very disappointing
By pasosteve on

2013 Ford Escape Titanium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I thought the turbo 2.0 liter engine and 6 speed automatic would provide OUTSTANDING mileage. Not so much. Best I've ever done at freeway speeds is 25.6.
Been in shop three times for SYNC problems. Finally the shop told me it's either my iPhone or my iPod that causing problems. I've driven for two weeks w/o either plugged in and so far so good. Not up to my expectations

I like the ride; I think it's a comfortable car for road trips. I like the visibility; I like the speakers and the power of the audio system I like the powerful headlights

There are absolutely No storage cubby holes near the driver's seat to store a phone, or any of the other gadgets, keys, change, etc.) that I carry and need nearby when driving. I got used to good storage in my Toyota Camry. If I had to do it over again and was still interested in an Escape, I'd buy the more basic model so I wouldn't have the frustrations of dealing with SYNC. The latest disappointment was getting hit in the rear bumper in stop and go traffic and learning that the Escape had crumpled as if it was made of tinfoil. $4,100 worth of damage. I'm seriously considering taking a big financial loss and bailing out of this frustrating car--life's too short for this mess.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By lexan1965
on 06/07/13 13:37 PM (PDT)

The Edge is designed (front and back) to have crumple zones to protect occupants and absorb the shock of an accident. Some phones do not work well with the SYNC system.