Love my escape, hate the gas mileage
By cachten on
2013 Ford Escape Titanium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)
I have 800 miles on my escape. Drive local, 5 miles to work, not much highway driving at all. I'm getting 15.5 miles per gallon. I'm quite upset over it since I gave up my Camry that I didn't have to fill up for 23 days At a time. Someone please tell me I will get better mileage after the break in period!
Favorite Features
Comfort, looks.
Suggested Improvements
Sync can act up.
By shortybus
on 05/09/13 18:25 PM (PDT)

Here's how you get to 28mpg: deserted highway, NO HILLS, warm dry climate, cruise control set to 54mph, premium gas. Deviate and it drops to 22.

By romans116
on 03/04/13 11:09 AM (PST)

Definitely go easy on that gas pedal for the initial 2000 miles. It should improve a bit. I get around 18 mpg city if its constantly stop-and-go. Even though that may not seem good, it is still an improvement over my '03 Pathfinder which I traded in for this car. I also love the fact that the power is there when you need it, so I'll sacrifice a bit.

By danc80
on 03/20/13 12:24 PM (PDT)

it wont get better I switched from the Honda CRV that I had 4 in a row of to Ford and I HATE it. First and Last ford, gas mileage sucks and the cabin noise is awful

By hoff77
on 03/24/13 18:18 PM (PDT)

I have the 2.0 se. Gas mileage is horrible. I'm getting 15.5. I traded in my ford transit which was getting 22mpg. Can anyone help. My driving habits are the same with both cars.