2013 Ford Escape Consumer Review: Jury is still out

2013 Ford Escape - Consumer Review

Titanium 4dr SUV (2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo AWD 6-speed Automatic)

Jury is still out
By mrmonty on

2013 Ford Escape Titanium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

So far I've had the car 2 months, 1500 miles. I traded in a Mercedes GLK, so I was not expecting the same car in return, but I feel like I get all the same features and power for 15 k less(GLK was 45K, escape was 30K fully loaded). The build quality is not the same, but what do you expect. The power is great. Almost no difference from the GLK's 268HP V6. The ride quality is a little bumpy with the 19" wheels. The interior is as quiet as the mercedes was. I'll give the seats a "B" on the comfort level. MYFORD TOUCH is a great display but like almost every review talks about, it has BUGS! It's unreal that Ford has not figured this out? It does not pair my phone 50% of the time.

2.0 Ecoboost Engine, Handling, Quiet cabin, Hands free liftgate/entry/start, remote start, parking assist, cross traffic monitoring, MY FORD TOUCH(when it works). Ambient lighting, power liftgate. Tons of features for a great price. Despite the suggested improvements I list below, none are enough to overcome all the good that comes in a 4X4 that is loaded for under 30K.

So far I have not seen anything close to the 22/30 gas mileage advertised. I'm getting about 19.1 combined. I also have a heavy foot, but 19.6 was with a full tank on the highway. Move gas pedal further from the brake, fix My Ford Touch or don't advertise it as such a great feature, it will hurt Ford's reputation. None of the problems are enough to make me seriously mad, partly because of the overall value of the car.