Horrible gas mileage and resale is horrendous
By stack2 on
2013 Ford Escape Titanium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)
I bought my Escape Titanium not even a year ago. It was the first Ford I had purchased and liked it enough to buy my wife an Explorer. Overall fit and finish is descent and the performance has been good. However the gas mileage has been horrendous! I am averaging 19 MPG in mostly highway miles when the car is supposed to get 21 city, 28 highway, 24 combined. It doesn’t matter how you drive it, the absolute best I have seen is 21 on the highway. I have also had numerous issues with the parking sensors going off on their own, and the BLIS popping up warning alerts and the navigation freezing. When I take it to the dealer they state they can’t find anything wrong.
Favorite Features
The car is fun to drive and the 2.0 liter turbocharged ecoboost engine is a blast, I just wish the gas mileage would be “close” to what they advertise!
Suggested Improvements
The most depressing thing about the car is resale! I put 19,000 miles on the car in 10-months and the gas mileage is killing me. The sticker on the car was $37,420 and I took it in to be appraised for trade-in. The car is literally like brand new, loaded, not a scratch and I’m being offered $20,000! A $17,000 loss unbelievable - what a rip off! We got rid of my wife’s Explorer last week because it also had horrible (less than advertised) mileage and also lost $9,000 on it. Bottom line, Fords have horrible (way less than advertised) gas mileage and their resale is horrendous. I like the vehicles, but we will not be buying any more Fords – ever!