2013 Ford Escape Consumer Review: First Brand New Car

2013 Ford Escape - Consumer Review

First Brand New Car
By romans116 on

2013 Ford Escape Titanium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

My wife and I purchased our Escape back in October 2012. We absolutely love it! We test drove the 2013 Kia Sorento SX (smooth but interior felt cheap), 2013 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring (too slow for me), and the 2013 Hyundai Santa Fe 2.0L Turbo. The Santa Fe was nice, but the deal breaker for me with the Santa Fe was you could not get roof racks with the panoramic sunroof, as you could with the Escape. It also did not have memory seats. If I am paying for a vehicle fully loaded, I want it fully loaded. MPGs around the city are 21-22, Highway are 29-30. The only thing we didn't get on the car was the hands-free tailgate feature. I swapped it for a tow hitch.

Turbo power! The wife especially loves how smooth and quick it is to drive, especially merging on the interstate. She also loves the five star safety rating. Interior quality is excellent. I appreciate the fact that Ford decided to still place physical buttons on the IP, instead of it being all touch activated. I especially like the easy-to-fold rear seats, HID headlamps, LED running lights, front and rear parking sensors, sport bucket heated seats, remote start, mood lighting, power tailgate, and the self-parallel parking (works surprisingly well).

Offer a choice of different color interiors. I would absolutely love saddle brown. More storage near the IP. If I don't want my phone or wallet in my pockets they either have to go in the cup holders or side door storage. A small light is needed in the center armrest storage area. The SYNC My Touch system: needs a faster processor! It works well when it's feeling good. Sometimes it will freeze when selecting songs from my iPod, or trying to do multiple functions at once. Needs to be more responsive, especially in this high-tech smartphone world in which we live.