2013 Ford Escape Consumer Review: economy, Sync lacking

2013 Ford Escape - Consumer Review

S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4-cyl. 6-speed Automatic)

economy, Sync lacking
By shortybus on

2013 Ford Escape S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

2013 Escape SE 2.0 EcoBoost I feel like I am a victim of false advertising. Fuel economy is definitely not up to the billing. I'm lucky to keep it over 21 average. I got rid of my '05 4-Runner to try to get better mileage, but it's barely cutting it. Also, as described in numerous places here, Sync is buggy. I have recurring problems with my ipod and the Sync index. It's unpredictable and dsometimes unreliable. And when something's not right she won't shut up. Bottom line, nice vehicle for the money as long as you are aware of the problems. Don't expect much for fuel economy, at least with the 2.0, unless you drive like a granny in a warm, dry climate on flat roads.

fuel economy Sync I was forced to choose Titanium in order to show 2.0 engine for this review. Mine is not Titanium, it's SE with upgrade from 1.6 to 2.0. Don't know why this option is not available from the list.
By shortybus
on 05/09/13 18:15 PM (PDT)

Now 9 months in, over 10k. After numerous complaints dealer replaced sync processor module. Still glitchy but so far have not experienced the index problem. Fuel economy still lacking. I rate 5 of 5 most of the time on the internal speed and anticipation rating system, yet Im struggling to get to 22mpg combined. Summer gas coming should help, but still very disappointed.