Early days. but some observations
By laa5 on
2013 Ford Escape SE 4dr SUV (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)
When my MB ML350 lease ended I decided to buy a cheaper SUV (tight budget and all that). Escape is nice size and for a 4cyl is a zippy quick little car and it handles fine. But I know it's a lot cheaper than what I had but I hate that I can feel it. Interior feels plastic and arm rests are not in the right place for use. The brake pedal is so far in front of the gas pedal I have really lift and my leg and in heels this is a bit awkward. I've had the car for just a short time and Sync has already frozen up and crashed. Navi needs your phone to work (not a built in system) and takes time to download instructions. But at least it understands my voice.
Favorite Features
Quick and zippy. Handles good. Nice looking and good size with adequate cargo space for two large dogs. Voice recognition does actually recognize my voice (Mercedes voice recognition was challenging at times)
Suggested Improvements
Work on the ergonomics Back up cameras are going to be required soon, you'd think Ford would have them standard already For the price, should have more stuff standard....like automatic, hands free lift gate should not cost so much more Cant see key entry...have to struggle to find it every time!! Wouldn't want to drive on a long trip in it based on comfort.
By jclaeys
on 02/01/13 12:18 PM (PST)

Really, you bought a cheaper car but you don't like that it "is" cheaper. That's why they make ML 350....it is what it is....