2013 Ford Escape Consumer Review: Solid and fun car

2013 Ford Escape SUV - Consumer Review

2013 Ford Escape SUV

Solid and fun car
By mattv9 on

2013 Ford Escape SEL 4dr SUV AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have a 2.0 SEL AWD Escape bought last May. I've put on 5000 miles so far and I'm really pleased with it for many reasons.

First of all, it's is really well made. The interior is high quality and really comfortable (I'm 6'2"... not all cars work for me). I liked the build quality much more than the CX-5.

It's a blast to drive, it puts a grin on my face every day. It tracks true and is very sure on all sorts of conditions.
I hardly can wait to try it in the snow!

My gas milage averages around high 26mpg in mixed driving and 29 highway.
With 2 kayaks this drops way down to 23-24mpg.

***Update***
3 years later, I appreciate this car even more! In winter conditions, all wheel drive and traction control has saved me in several icy situations. The car is very nimble and is very reactive- if anything you have to be careful not to wiggle the steering wheel- the car instantly reacts. Parking is tight situations is easy. Even when I was boxed in on a city street, I was able to pull out with much fuss.

Comfort wise- the seats really work for me- even though I'm tall I don't pull the seat go all the way back. The interior isn't spacious and airy- but it still works because the seats are so comcoftable and enveloping. Rear leg room is okay- I can have people (and I have a tall family) in the back without issue. Having the panoramic sun window really helps riding there! I wouldn't want to have them there for a super long trip, however.

The only maintenance thing I had fixed was a grab handle became loose in the rear hatch.

Gas mileage is ok- in winter I get 24+mpg mostly local driving, summer it's more like 26mpg.

The most important thing? It still puts a smile on my face to drive- it's just a fun drive!!!

• Outward visibility
  • Bluetooth
  • Purchase cost
  • Resale value
  • Maintenance cost

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review