2013 Ford Escape Consumer Review: Very pleased with SEL 2.0 FWD

2013 Ford Escape SUV - Consumer Review

Very pleased with SEL 2.0 FWD
By automelon48 on

2013 Ford Escape Titanium 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Coming from a slightly larger SUV with a 4.0L engine, I was anxious to keep the power but improve on fuel economy. I also do some trailer towing in the summer, so I really needed the power. I ordered a 2013 Escape SEL 2.0 FWD, with towing package. Great choice! Even though Canadian winters are snowy, I did not want the extra expense, weight, or fuel economy of an AWD system. I am achieving the EPA mileage (22/30) as long as I drive sensibly. (have kept mileage records for 12,500 miles) I have the latest release of the My Ford Touch system and it works quite well. Vehicle looks and rides great with 18" wheels. Tows trailer without a thought. First Ford in a long time and I am very pleased.

Voice commands with MFT work well. Listening to and responding to text messages via MFT is great. Power of 2.0 Turbo is awesome. Great handling for this type of vehicle. (very car-like, almost sports car like) Sony stereo has GREAT bass, but is not as strong in the upper range. (still good) Memory seats/mirrors that sync with a key-fob. Memory opening-position on tailgate. The list goes on. No recalls and no warranty issues for my vehicle. (just a couple of free MFT upgrades) 120VAC outlet built-in. Backup camera is great on a nice big screen. Blind-spot monitoring is surprisingly useful. Self parking works well, but I only use it to entertain passengers.

Cabin storage is not great. I am always looking for a place to put some coins etc. There is none. I would love a manual gearbox, but I may be in the minority. I have seen a Ford Kuga Diesel with a manual 6-speed in Europe. That would be nice!!!