wished I had something else
By bbgun1 on
2013 Ford Escape SE 4dr SUV AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)
32,000 miles now. Fuel economy is no better than 23 on the hwy. car has improper gearing to ever see better. Many bad engineering and design flaws with this car. Still rides like a truck on bad roads. Engine noise galore..tired of it. Seems like gas pedal is not connected to engine at times. Sync is still playing the radio after I WALK AWAY WITH IT LOCKED. Cant turn on the front wiper with out the back one coming on, cant see the key slot to start the car. Last AWD car for me. I believe the suspension has 3-4" inches of travel. Bad roads bad ride.
Favorite Features
Seats are great. Car is zippy around town but not on the hwy where you need it. All do improper gearing which leads to bad gas milage.
Suggested Improvements
Car needs a complete redesign. Interior, engine, a suspension.
By gailgwen
on 02/03/14 15:34 PM (PST)

I agree with this review. I did have the Ford dealer re-boot the computer and the radio no longer blasts after I open/shut the door and lock it. However, it can seem to get the phone or navigation to work right. I still get 17 miles in town (AWD) and 23 miles on the hwy. I should have kept my 2003 Explorer.

By automelon48
on 10/24/13 20:01 PM (PDT)

Which engine do you have? FWD or AWD? I have the 2.0 FWD and get 30MPG with the cruise set for 110 Kph. (69Mph) After 14,000 miles my combined average is over 24 Mpg including trailer towing! Sorry to hear about your experience. Mine has been very positive.