2013 Ford Escape Consumer Review: Beautiful and Fun to drive. D

2013 Ford Escape - Consumer Review

Beautiful and Fun to drive. Disappointing mpg and electronics
By mcraigs on

2013 Ford Escape S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Beautiful inside and out. Fun to drive and controls well. Functional and practical. I have been disappointed with mpg. I am averaging 21.5 mpg consistently for 6000 miles. This is based on 70 % highway 30% city driving. To put this in perspective I have a 2004 Subaru Forester XT that under the same driving conditions gets 29.5 mpg. My DH has a 2012 Ford Edge that gets 20.5 mpg under the same driving conditions. Based on other reviews I tried premium fuel. The premium fuel increased the mpg to 22.5 mpg. Perhaps I had unrealistic expectations. I have been disappointed in the somewhat buggy electronics - in particular my ford touch, navigation and parking assist. Fixed next release?

Lift gate is so convenient. Love being able to open lift gate with the kick of my foot. Back up camera

Simplify and debug my ford touch. I can tolerate my laptop needing periodic unscheduled rebooting. I can't tolerate my car's electronics rebooting as I am driving in heavy traffic and I am depending on the navigation to get me to my destination. First time it happened I was shocked, now that we are up to 4 occurrences, I have moved to annoyed.