A car that I am forcing to love
By foxdared on
2013 Ford Escape Titanium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)
First of all, I do love this car. But 3x at ford dealer for the nav system that works 5-10 mins after your running seems not worth the cash I paid for this. Basically told me the last time that there was nothing they could do. I drive from buildings to and from small suburbs, and its the same story. It has severe difficulty to connect. My ford touch also is super glitchy. Wife has a toyota and night/day difference in computer systems. Also fuel economy regardless of driver or babying, will get you 19-22mpg. Using 87 octane costco, tires checked, no load, long roads. So if you know those 2 things and accept them, the car is amazing. Do not believe other estimates as i have when i got this:(
Favorite Features
safety sensors and parking assists. Blind spot detector. Uber safe car. The drive is amazing despite fuel economy.
Suggested Improvements
Fuel economy to be real estimates and nav which is extremely bad especially since ford dealer just came with excuses saying building where the problem. I live not in a building area, work 35miles away in the suburbs, and get the same bugs regardless of city or highway driving. 5-10mins before nav engages. Have a log and uploading a video to youtube to demonstrate. 3x at ford, Im starting process for a lemon. I really want to love ford but they are making it hard for me to. This is a safety issue as you cannot stop in the middle of the highway to put an address when your nav feels like working.
By auburn2
on 01/21/13 07:04 AM (PST)

Reg. comments read on this site !! Sure makes me glad that I bought the base SE 1.6 with SYNC 100% problem free. The SE drives and handles very well and it can average 32 mpg on HWY. A real bargain at $22,998 compared to other vehicles i'd say. The 1.6 has amazing pep thanks to the turbo. Did not want all the extra *&^%$#@ to cause problems in the future. "My advice" Test drive the 1.6 before buying the 2.0 without doing so.