2013 Ford Escape SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape model:
Early days. but some observations
By laa5 on 01/21/13 16:49 PM (PST)

2013 Ford Escape SUV SE 4dr SUV (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

When my MB ML350 lease ended I decided to buy a cheaper SUV (tight budget and all that). Escape is nice size and for a 4cyl is a zippy quick little car and it handles fine. But I know it's a lot cheaper than what I had but I hate that I can feel it. Interior feels plastic and arm rests are not in the right place for use. The brake pedal is so far in front of the gas pedal I have really lift and my leg and in heels this is a bit awkward. I've had the car for just a short time and Sync has already frozen up and crashed. Navi needs your phone to work (not a built in system) and takes time to download instructions. But at least it understands my voice.

Piece of Junk
By bbgun1 on 01/19/13 19:56 PM (PST)

2013 Ford Escape SUV SE 4dr SUV AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have had this car for 3,000 miles. It does nothing well. Poor fuel economy, 22 mpg at 75 MPH. Car was designed for around town and not for highway driving. Suspension is to stiff in poor roads and will cause fatigue. Gearing is incorrect for the motor. Zippy around town, nothing left after 60mph. That is why it does not get gas milage, rpm tWhy do I need a warning light on my dash telling me my door are locked. This car was designed by weezel engineering for sure. I have people in my company that refuse to ride in this car due to its harsh ride. Seat belt buzzer will not shut off and you cant fix it! I call it the buzz box, motor buzzes and that is what you listen to all the time

Gives Premium Brand SUV's a run for the money
By rhut on 01/18/13 14:52 PM (PST)

2013 Ford Escape SUV Titanium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Some of the comments on here must be by people payed by competing brands. To call the new Escape poor engineering is just plain WRONG. We took delivery of a fully equipped Titanium model a few weeks ago. This crossover is incredibly refined, has good build quality, nearly all the technology of an 80k luxury car. On the road it easily out handles and out accelerates any SUV/crossover in its class and surely some cars. The engine is incredibly smooth and quiet, with ample low end power, the ride is near luxury and wind/road noise at an effortless 80 mph is as low as in my other car..a 2012 MB CLS 550 4matic. The Escape is great, don't be misled !!

Great car
By cool9 on 01/18/13 10:08 AM (PST)

2013 Ford Escape SUV Titanium 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have had my Escape for 2 months now, and I love it. The engine is second to none in this class. Seats are extremely comfortable. I only have one knock on the vehicle and that is the brake and gas pedal too close together. Other than that, I strongly recommend the car.

LAST FORD...EVER.
By sea_warrior on 01/16/13 19:11 PM (PST)

2013 Ford Escape SUV Titanium 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

The car is just...BAD. Sync feels like a really rough Beta program and is unrefined and just not useful. Lockups, pauses, stutters, hesitations. I had a 2008 BMW X3 and thought the "infotainment" system in it was bad, but as amateurish as it was, it was at least functional. The car died with 300 miles on it and is still in a coma while Ford "decides what they are going to do." The dealer has had it for a week, and they haven't even STARTED to repair the problem. The last word from them was it could be "another 3 or 4 weeks." Between the Sync, the hinky Navigation, the mechanical unreliability and the lack of support from Ford, I rate the car a clunker. Run away from it.

Titanium is AWESOME!!!!
By tweetabird on 01/08/13 13:29 PM (PST)

2013 Ford Escape SUV Titanium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I just got the new Ford Escape titanium 2.0 eco boost.. in ginger ale!!! I have the bigger tires also, 19 inch on it. I absolutely love love love my new titanium and couldn't stop driving it when I got it home!!!! It's a total blast to drive and yes I can truly say this titanium of mine stops on a dime!!! The titanium to me was worth every penny I paid!! I use to drive a 2002 Ford Escape this Ford I feel as if I am driving a sportscar!! I must admit I did go over the speed limit some and really give it a go!! It is fantastic and such a beautiful CUV!! I would NEVER trust a bad review go and test drive it.. and make up your own mind! I love everything about mine!!! Thanks Ford!!

Really regretting my purchase
By adolle on 01/08/13 11:14 AM (PST)

2013 Ford Escape SUV SEL 4dr SUV (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I've owned the Escape for only 3 months now and regret it! The microsoft sync touch system is failing miserably. Some of the functions on it freeze making things like the phone and ipod unusable all together. The navigation system can drive you in circles, literally, then just fix itself a few minutes into the drive and now the screen has just gone black, completely turned off, while driving. A few minutes after it goes black a message comes up saying "updating". I've been reading these things happening to many people but because it's not an issue with the car itself, but with the computer, the dealer just "updates" it, which fixes nothing then sends you back on your way.

No heat in the back seats
By jriley3 on 12/31/12 08:14 AM (PST)

2013 Ford Escape SUV S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I am very pleased with my vehicle. It handles well and is great on gas. The only problems I have are there are no cupholders or vents for heat amd AC for the back seats. When you live in Maryland, which gets really cold and hot, there is a need for cool air and heat, especially for small children, who now have to sit with blankets across their legs until the spring. I was told by Ford to use the vents from the front and turn them toward the back. Thanks Ford!!! Who would think to check for vents in the back seats when purchasing a car? I thought it was a standard. So the new thing is to pay more and get additional vents in our vehicles to keep our children warm? Really?!

3013 Escape SEL 2.0 EcoBoost
By yblockv8 on 12/29/12 12:07 PM (PST)

2013 Ford Escape SUV Titanium 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Have had this car for 7 weeks. After 900 miles on the odometer we drove it from our home in Las Vegas to Phoenix and as we entered Sun City the car recorded 30.2 MPG and there are plenty of hills to go up and down. Around Vegas we're constantly seeing 24-24.5 MPG. Power is awesome! We keep pretty much to the posted speed limit and use cruise control when applicable. I have no idea WHY other 2013 Escape owners complain about poor economy. Keep in mind this car weighs over 4,000 lbs. We drove Expeditions for 12 years (2 of them) and always got 20 MPG on the same trip.

EXCELLENT SO FAR!
By myescape2013 on 12/03/12 00:41 AM (PST)

2013 Ford Escape SUV SE 4dr SUV (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

3,000 miles and very pleased so far. The center console armrest is too short for comfort and armrests on the doors are poorly designed and useless on long trips. Fun to drive, feels solid and handles very well. Gas mileage is quite good but gas tank capacity is too small. Hand brake on the console is annoying...I prefer the foot operated ones. Overall a nice vehicle but a bit overpriced for what you get.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Ford Escape Suv in VA is:

$142 per month*