2013 Ford Escape SUV Consumer Reviews 6

2013 Ford Escape SUV - Consumer Reviews

2013 Ford Escape S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

View reviews for a specific Escape model:
Not a dependable vehicle. Move on to something else
By roggom on 04/19/13 15:52 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Escape SUV SE 4dr SUV (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

My escape is very glichy. Sometimes the radio will not work, or the remotes do not work. The next day they will be fine. It is not the restricted driver feature, as I got very familiar with that garbage very qucikly. The first week I had the car, the rear hatch handle (used to close the hatch) came completly off. I did not yank it just pulled down and it came off in my hand. Yes, the car is zippy on dry road, but you get into a few inches of snow or mud and this silly vehicle will bog down and start slowing down. It must have some anti-slip slow down feature as all it does it make it impossible to move. ON heavy snow days I can not park in my own driveway.

Life with the escape
By bbgun1 on 04/18/13 18:58 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Escape SUV SE 4dr SUV (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

10,000 miles now. Rides better but still poor. Poor controls and you can not turn on the front wiper with out turning on the rear. Oor fuel economy. It now gets 22 mpg on the highway and 22 around town. various electrical glitches. Radio stays on when car is locked and doors are closed. No passing gear after 60 mph. would not recomend this car to anyone.

Mileage, SYNC Very disappointing
By pasosteve on 04/17/13 16:29 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Escape SUV Titanium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I thought the turbo 2.0 liter engine and 6 speed automatic would provide OUTSTANDING mileage. Not so much. Best I've ever done at freeway speeds is 25.6. Been in shop three times for SYNC problems. Finally the shop told me it's either my iPhone or my iPod that causing problems. I've driven for two weeks w/o either plugged in and so far so good. Not up to my expectations

Brand new impression
By norcalrn on 04/17/13 00:26 AM (PDT)

2013 Ford Escape SUV Titanium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

My car is less than a week old, maybe 240 miles tracked so far. So far no flaws that I can tell, everything performs as I'd expect it would.

1st New Vehicle in 5 years!
By mkrahn on 04/12/13 19:35 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Escape SUV Titanium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

My wife and I looked at many vehicles including the Explorer Sport, all new Forester, Audi Q5 etc... Price range was high 30's to low 40's. The Audi Q5 was our second choice and Forester was third because of the transmission. We eneded up selling our 2008 loaded Ford Focus having 72K for 9000. So far less 1000 miles averaging 22.3mpg. We made the decision for the loaded up Escape because of the style and technology plus needing gas mpg. No issue so far and we both love it!

Multitude of Flaws... And Ford has been making cars for 110 years?!
By monroviaguy on 04/05/13 16:48 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Escape SUV SEL 4dr SUV (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Always a Honda owner, I switched to the Escape because of cool gadgetry and improved reputation. Incentives sealed the deal, but it's been downhill since the purchase. It's been recalled for a potential fire issue. Fuel economy is horrible!! My previous V6 Honda got 20 mpg driving the exact same daily commute, but my Escape only gets 21 (should be closer to 27)! The Sync MyTouch (upgraded) system is terribly glitchy, sometimes freezing up, telling me the wrong time (by hours), losing all audio... infuriating!! Ford doesn't know why. Apps (as advertised) aren't available on the more expensive system, only the base Sync! I had high hopes, but Ford will never earn my business again.

poor customer service
By phx13 on 04/03/13 21:06 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Escape SUV Titanium 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

bought brand new Escape. at just over a 1000 miles the car died. would not start. called dealer bought car from they offered me a free oil change, and stated what a great deal I got. they did not address the issue the car would not start. called road side service, got a jump start. went to a Ford dealer close. they only charged battery for 3 hours, refused to run a diagnostic. Called Ford Corporate office, their rep told us if the car kept having problems just keep taking it back in.

Elect steering
By dlth on 04/01/13 07:44 AM (PDT)

2013 Ford Escape SUV SE 4dr SUV (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

We love everything about the Escape except the steering. When traveling on the hwy it is impossible to make small adjustments without having everyone feel the movement. The dealer says it is due to the new electric steering. We use the vehicle for around town driving and take my truck for long trips. As much as I like the car I will not buy another.

Terrible Mileage and Range
By wi_escape54843 on 03/24/13 10:02 AM (PDT)

2013 Ford Escape SUV Titanium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Bought this as commuter car knowing I'd give up some mileage to AWD, but hills of Duluth and tough winter made it good choice. With 1200 mi in just 2 wks, mpg < 21 on 160 mi daily commute w/ 90% hwy. Ford claim of 24 avg w 28 hwy is unacceptably inaccurate. By comparison - the 07 Sebring I traded avg 29 - 31 (seasonal), even my 03 dura max avg 20.6 for same journey as it is the ride I used for tough winter days. Escape worsens this with a small tank compared to Sebring with barely 300 mi, compared to 420 I had. So far - I'm incredibly disappointed.

Should of stuck with Honda
By danc80 on 03/20/13 12:10 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Escape SUV SEL 4dr SUV AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

After having 4 Honda CRVs in a row I got very bored and decided it was time for a change. I had seen newspaper articles and tv ads about how Ford was really coming around and producing a better product so I decided to give Ford a chance and go American! Wow was I wrong. The car was in the shop less than a week after I bought it and then back in again 3 days later. I have had issues with the sunroof rattling annoyingly. The door lock not functioning properly and the Sync system has major flaws including not recognizing major Roads!!! Never in my life have I ever had an issue with any Honda ever. Ford is not ready I really made a mistake I feel like I bought a used car