Used 2013 Ford Escape SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Ford Escape - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape model:

Looks and feels great but Performance is bad
By nealhardin

2013 Ford Escape SUV SE 4dr SUV (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I purchased a new 2013 Escape 6 months ago. The vehicle look and rides great but the fuel mileage is terrible. It has been in the shop 3 times and still get 16 mpg in the city and 22 mpg on the highway. There are better buys out there for the money. I would not recommend it

MPG not as advertised
By sonni

2013 Ford Escape SUV Titanium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Leased the top of the line AWD in July. I reside in Staten Island NY and drive a combo of local and highway. The vehicle is really nice. All the bells and whistles, comfrtable, great sound system, etc. However, the advertised MPG has not materialized to date, (the manager of my deaership said the eco-boost kicks in at around 5,000 miles). Furthermore, I consider myself to have a very light foot. So to keep it simple, its a great mid sized SUV and I would recomend it, its a quality vehicle. But if you're buying it because of the high MPG, don't. According to the car's own instrament panel, I'm getting a combined 17 mpg now. Much less than I expected. Range on full tank is only 270 miles.

Favorite Features

Quality manufacturing and its many features.

Suggested Improvements

Gas efficiency

Escape SEL FWD 2.0 Excellent Small SUV
By happymotor

2013 Ford Escape SUV Titanium 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Love the body style, with the 2.0 turbo engine, powerful, fuel efficient on regular fuel and quiet. Quality materials throughout and workmanship appears to be first class. Blue tooth, navigation, Sony sound system (awesome!) with Ford "My Touch" and "Sync" is well integrated, user friendly and works flawlessly. The Escape has a firm sporty ride but is not harsh and can carve up twisty turns and curves better than most cars with exhilarating fun and confident authority. Heated leather seats are supportive and comfortable even on long drives. Storage space is pretty generous and can haul 3500 pounds with optional towing package with ease. Absolutely enjoy driving it every day.

Favorite Features

Sporty body style, 2.0 Engine, My Touch/Sync, Navigation, Sony Stereo, Blue Tooth, Leather Seats, Panoramic sunroof, practically everything.

Suggested Improvements

Optional towing package should also accommodate backup camera and hands free power lift gate, this an unacceptable tradeoff that should not exist! Wireless charging "pad" for cell phone. Convenient storage space for coins or other small items, cooled/ventilated front seats.

no problems
By pajake40

2013 Ford Escape SUV SE 4dr SUV AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I haven't had a single problem yet and bought it in march.this is my first ford ever and im pleased so far

Very pleased with SEL 2.0 FWD
By automelon48

2013 Ford Escape SUV Titanium 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Coming from a slightly larger SUV with a 4.0L engine, I was anxious to keep the power but improve on fuel economy. I also do some trailer towing in the summer, so I really needed the power. I ordered a 2013 Escape SEL 2.0 FWD, with towing package. Great choice! Even though Canadian winters are snowy, I did not want the extra expense, weight, or fuel economy of an AWD system. I am achieving the EPA mileage (22/30) as long as I drive sensibly. (have kept mileage records for 12,500 miles) I have the latest release of the My Ford Touch system and it works quite well. Vehicle looks and rides great with 18" wheels. Tows trailer without a thought. First Ford in a long time and I am very pleased.

Favorite Features

Voice commands with MFT work well. Listening to and responding to text messages via MFT is great. Power of 2.0 Turbo is awesome. Great handling for this type of vehicle. (very car-like, almost sports car like) Sony stereo has GREAT bass, but is not as strong in the upper range. (still good) Memory seats/mirrors that sync with a key-fob. Memory opening-position on tailgate. The list goes on. No recalls and no warranty issues for my vehicle. (just a couple of free MFT upgrades) 120VAC outlet built-in. Backup camera is great on a nice big screen. Blind-spot monitoring is surprisingly useful. Self parking works well, but I only use it to entertain passengers.

Suggested Improvements

Cabin storage is not great. I am always looking for a place to put some coins etc. There is none. I would love a manual gearbox, but I may be in the minority. I have seen a Ford Kuga Diesel with a manual 6-speed in Europe. That would be nice!!!