2013 Ford Escape - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape model:
1st New Vehicle in 5 years!
By mkrahn on 04/12/13 19:35 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Escape Titanium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

My wife and I looked at many vehicles including the Explorer Sport, all new Forester, Audi Q5 etc... Price range was high 30's to low 40's. The Audi Q5 was our second choice and Forester was third because of the transmission. We eneded up selling our 2008 loaded Ford Focus having 72K for 9000. So far less 1000 miles averaging 22.3mpg. We made the decision for the loaded up Escape because of the style and technology plus needing gas mpg. No issue so far and we both love it!

Multitude of Flaws... And Ford has been making cars for 110 years?!
By monroviaguy on 04/05/13 16:48 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Escape SEL 4dr SUV (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Always a Honda owner, I switched to the Escape because of cool gadgetry and improved reputation. Incentives sealed the deal, but it's been downhill since the purchase. It's been recalled for a potential fire issue. Fuel economy is horrible!! My previous V6 Honda got 20 mpg driving the exact same daily commute, but my Escape only gets 21 (should be closer to 27)! The Sync MyTouch (upgraded) system is terribly glitchy, sometimes freezing up, telling me the wrong time (by hours), losing all audio... infuriating!! Ford doesn't know why. Apps (as advertised) aren't available on the more expensive system, only the base Sync! I had high hopes, but Ford will never earn my business again.

poor customer service
By phx13 on 04/03/13 21:06 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Escape Titanium 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

bought brand new Escape. at just over a 1000 miles the car died. would not start. called dealer bought car from they offered me a free oil change, and stated what a great deal I got. they did not address the issue the car would not start. called road side service, got a jump start. went to a Ford dealer close. they only charged battery for 3 hours, refused to run a diagnostic. Called Ford Corporate office, their rep told us if the car kept having problems just keep taking it back in.

Elect steering
By dlth on 04/01/13 07:44 AM (PDT)

2013 Ford Escape SE 4dr SUV (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

We love everything about the Escape except the steering. When traveling on the hwy it is impossible to make small adjustments without having everyone feel the movement. The dealer says it is due to the new electric steering. We use the vehicle for around town driving and take my truck for long trips. As much as I like the car I will not buy another.

Terrible Mileage and Range
By wi_escape54843 on 03/24/13 10:02 AM (PDT)

2013 Ford Escape Titanium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Bought this as commuter car knowing I'd give up some mileage to AWD, but hills of Duluth and tough winter made it good choice. With 1200 mi in just 2 wks, mpg < 21 on 160 mi daily commute w/ 90% hwy. Ford claim of 24 avg w 28 hwy is unacceptably inaccurate. By comparison - the 07 Sebring I traded avg 29 - 31 (seasonal), even my 03 dura max avg 20.6 for same journey as it is the ride I used for tough winter days. Escape worsens this with a small tank compared to Sebring with barely 300 mi, compared to 420 I had. So far - I'm incredibly disappointed.

Should of stuck with Honda
By danc80 on 03/20/13 12:10 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Escape SEL 4dr SUV AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

After having 4 Honda CRVs in a row I got very bored and decided it was time for a change. I had seen newspaper articles and tv ads about how Ford was really coming around and producing a better product so I decided to give Ford a chance and go American! Wow was I wrong. The car was in the shop less than a week after I bought it and then back in again 3 days later. I have had issues with the sunroof rattling annoyingly. The door lock not functioning properly and the Sync system has major flaws including not recognizing major Roads!!! Never in my life have I ever had an issue with any Honda ever. Ford is not ready I really made a mistake I feel like I bought a used car

Sync Reliability
By sm2013 on 03/15/13 13:55 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Escape SE 4dr SUV (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

The SYNC systems in my vehicle has placed my car in the shop 3 times in four months totalling 1 month in the shop with 3 seperate rental cars. The SYNC system in my car resets itself multiple times within an hour whether I am in the middle of a call, etc. The ipod/phone have difficutly connecting frequently and the system freezes.

bad seats
By kingjim1945 on 03/12/13 15:04 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Escape Titanium 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This car has the worst front seats i have ever had. We drove 1500 mile on vacation and could hardly walk after getting here. We have done this milage with other vehicles and no problem. Anybody doing a lot of traveling had better stay away from an escape.

Happy to buy American...
By sfneal on 03/09/13 16:39 PM (PST)

2013 Ford Escape SEL 4dr SUV (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Overall am very happy with my purchase. Quiet, high quality cabin. Sync voice commands work most of the time and are very convenient. Engine is very responsive and ride is smooth.

First Brand New Car
By romans116 on 03/03/13 16:31 PM (PST)

2013 Ford Escape Titanium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

My wife and I purchased our Escape back in October 2012. We absolutely love it! We test drove the 2013 Kia Sorento SX (smooth but interior felt cheap), 2013 Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring (too slow for me), and the 2013 Hyundai Santa Fe 2.0L Turbo. The Santa Fe was nice, but the deal breaker for me with the Santa Fe was you could not get roof racks with the panoramic sunroof, as you could with the Escape. It also did not have memory seats. If I am paying for a vehicle fully loaded, I want it fully loaded. MPGs around the city are 21-22, Highway are 29-30. The only thing we didn't get on the car was the hands-free tailgate feature. I swapped it for a tow hitch.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Ford Escape in VA is:

$142 per month*