2013 Ford Escape SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape model:
RECALLED and REPURCHASED
By gb191 on 06/18/13 06:54 AM (PDT)

2013 Ford Escape SUV SEL 4dr SUV AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

We bought our 2013 Escape last July, loved the the look of it, loved the interior and was hoping for great gas mileage with the EcoBoost engine... Well after two weeks it was recalled for engine fires. Ford had it for a week... Then at Thanksgiving it was recalled again...this time Ford had it for a month... Same issue.. In addition I think the engine, 1.6, is too small for the vehicle, the stated 22 mpg city is way way off... I am lucky if I get 16-17 locally. All I drive is local, we commute 13 miles each way through NYC, I was hoping the EcoBoost engine would be ideal... Boy was/am I surprised.. We have applied for Lemon Law and Ford will repurchase it soon.

Great Vehicle
By jeff5558 on 06/11/13 06:40 AM (PDT)

2013 Ford Escape SUV SE 4dr SUV (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

SEwith 1.6 Turbo. 4600 miles so far. Car is fast, fun and great on Gas. I get 25-26 with 50/50 Highway and City, straight up 33/34 on the interstate. Anything over 80 it drops to 29. Very versatile. SYNC is weird, but it works. Takes and makes calls, but won't work with my Nano or Shuffle. Looks good, runs good. Waiting for an SVT version to come out.

Just bought my Escape
By lexan1965 on 06/06/13 19:16 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Escape SUV SE 4dr SUV (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I went to take a test drive with my wife as the Escape was the only small SUV I had not test driven yet. I test drove the Equinox, Terrain, and the new RAV4. After the drive in the new Escape, I was sold! I got the SEL trim level, a two thousand dollar rebate, plus the X-plan for being employed as a Ford supplier. The make-over for 2013 is a big improvement inside and out for the Escape. Ford has done a good job redesigning the 2013 model. I'm 6'-4" and 238lbs. and fit very comfortably in the Escape. Love everything about it so far. I don't understand all the negative reviews and I hope I don't experience any of the problems described by others. Average of 28.5 mpg 70hwy/30city.

Very Loud Knocking! After Cold Start.
By maniac4 on 06/05/13 21:06 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Escape SUV S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I got a 2.5 liter S model, I do believe it has engine damage. It has 700 miles on it. Extremely loud lifters as well as lower end knocks. cold But after about 20 minutes of driving it gets somewhat less noisy. I think I might have low oil pressure. But of course the dealer says its normal. Without even listening or checking.. But other than that is ok I guess. No other complaints, I got synch but why bother. I don't use it. I just hope this motor smoothes out or blows. I stayed away from the turbo cause I figured Id be keeping it for a long time. Aint much for high tech. But the motor worries me a bit. but hey. A motor can be replaced. I hope it smoothes out though . Anyone have any input?

Love / Hate relationship
By caltalker13 on 05/31/13 08:52 AM (PDT)

2013 Ford Escape SUV Titanium 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I usually don't write reviews, but this time I wanted to get my story out there just in case it will help someone. I've had my 2013 Escape Titanium for almost 2 weeks, it's been in the shop already. I love how it drives all the fun options, My concerns are the MPG, I bought the car thinking I will save money on gas, since I own a Ram 1500, very nice truck but just to big in the city. So I went with the Escape. Since I've had it I am averaging 18 mpg, that is City and Highway mostly Highway. My truck was getting 18 mpg. Ford has told me to drive the car until I hit 1000 miles, it has 350 right now. So I will get you guys informed of how it turns out.

falling apart
By strssed on 05/19/13 14:51 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Escape SUV S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

my 4wheel drive 2013 escape has 50000 miles on it.My air quit working and I've been told it has a problem in the line somewhere also was getting new tires told the front bearings are bad.My suv also clunks when I apply the brakes who knows what the nexy problem will be. I traded a 2004 toyota with 130000 miles on it with no problems.Should have bought the 4 runner.I won't be keeping this car much longer.

2.0 L FWD SEL - After 6 months & 3000 miles
By lsw74 on 05/05/13 14:02 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Escape SUV SEL 4dr SUV (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I am aware of quite a few negative reviews and am often 2nd guessing myself on the purchase of my 1st new car (at nearly 40 yrs old). I don't have to drive as much as I used to because I work from home so my driving experience with this vehicle is not as extensive. Overall I love it. There are things I would change but the ride is great, the power is great (2.0 L but not an option here for SEL), and it's very comfortable. It feels like a sports sedan. I average 25 mpg, spot on the EPA est. People need to remember that highway rating is not highway/interstate slow & go driving. My mpg drops when my husband drives it so how you drive really does affect mpg.

Not a dependable vehicle. Move on to something else
By roggom on 04/19/13 15:52 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Escape SUV SE 4dr SUV (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

My escape is very glichy. Sometimes the radio will not work, or the remotes do not work. The next day they will be fine. It is not the restricted driver feature, as I got very familiar with that garbage very qucikly. The first week I had the car, the rear hatch handle (used to close the hatch) came completly off. I did not yank it just pulled down and it came off in my hand. Yes, the car is zippy on dry road, but you get into a few inches of snow or mud and this silly vehicle will bog down and start slowing down. It must have some anti-slip slow down feature as all it does it make it impossible to move. ON heavy snow days I can not park in my own driveway.

Life with the escape
By bbgun1 on 04/18/13 18:58 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Escape SUV SE 4dr SUV (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

10,000 miles now. Rides better but still poor. Poor controls and you can not turn on the front wiper with out turning on the rear. Oor fuel economy. It now gets 22 mpg on the highway and 22 around town. various electrical glitches. Radio stays on when car is locked and doors are closed. No passing gear after 60 mph. would not recomend this car to anyone.

Mileage, SYNC Very disappointing
By pasosteve on 04/17/13 16:29 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Escape SUV Titanium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I thought the turbo 2.0 liter engine and 6 speed automatic would provide OUTSTANDING mileage. Not so much. Best I've ever done at freeway speeds is 25.6. Been in shop three times for SYNC problems. Finally the shop told me it's either my iPhone or my iPod that causing problems. I've driven for two weeks w/o either plugged in and so far so good. Not up to my expectations

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Ford Escape Suv in VA is:

$142 per month*