2013 Ford Escape - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape model:
Solid and fun car
By mattv9 on 09/02/13 12:09 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Escape SEL 4dr SUV AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have a 2.0 SEL AWD Escape bought last May. I've put on 5000 miles so far and I'm really pleased with it for many reasons. First of all, it's is really well made. The interior is high quality and really comfortable (I'm 6'2"... not all cars work for me). I liked the build quality much more than the CX-5. It's a blast to drive, it puts a grin on my face every day. It tracks true and is very sure on all sorts of conditions. I hardly can wait to try it in the snow! My gas milage averages around high 26mpg in mixed driving and 29 highway. With 2 kayaks this drops way down to 23-24mpg.

Great car so far
By 75hoo on 08/28/13 05:07 AM (PDT)

2013 Ford Escape SE 4dr SUV (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Bought in early April and have 5000 miles so far. I love it. It has never been in the shop. I get 29 mpg or better if I drive 70, but that drops to 27 at 75-80. I use regular gas. If I mix highway and town driving, I get 26mpg. Live in FL and drive fairly gently. Have never had a problem with pairing my iPhone 4s. I love the Sirius radio and how you can optimize it for driver listening. Great quiet ride.

13 Escape 2.0L Ecoboost
By canon60d on 08/23/13 06:22 AM (PDT)

2013 Ford Escape Titanium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Bought in May, and have had no issues whatsoever. The engine is a delight, strong and linear acceleration when you need it. Shifts are smooth with the 6 speed transmission, and the sport mode is great in the hills or twisties to eliminate unwanted shifts. Capable of decent gas mileage, but the turbo is way more fun. The really cool thing is the way it handles. Fantastic trip car, i had 4 adults, and a 1 year old with a huge car seat, and clothes for 3 days in the back, loaded to the gills, on twisty roads, and it handled like a dream. Pricey when loaded,but no more so that a Acura, or VW Tiguan, neither of which compares in performance, or feature set. Glad I bought it.

Fords Poor Customer service & Warantee
By jfrender on 08/19/13 06:09 AM (PDT)

2013 Ford Escape SEL 4dr SUV (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I purchased a 2013 Ford Escape 10 months ago and have replaced the engine air filter on my echo boost engine with a k&n air filter. The plastic housing is cracking by the metal screws and 1 screw housing was stripped when purchased. I did not over tighten screws but the service mgr at Gaudin says I did because that wa his unintelligent response. Ford Motor Co. Regional Customer Service Mgr. Nikki out of Phoenix is going by what Gaudin Said. Ford will not honor Warrantee and the filter housing is thin plastic which is deteriating from heat and vibrations. A future problem could exist on all 2013 and 2014 Escapes and cause accelerated engine failure. After purchasing Fords since 1955 the serv

I hate my 2013 Ford Escape
By hartson on 08/18/13 12:19 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Escape Titanium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have had problem after problem in the 10 months of owning this car. Leak in tire to start, then sync issues, then bad head light due to bad wiring at Ford manufacturing, horn goes off when open back hatch (sometimes), now water leaking under car, air and heat stop working and the latest vehicle health report says to take in right away for service due to brakes and suspension service required. I bought a new car to avoid problems. And I gave up a Toyota with 100k miles with no problems. Now I have to spend my valuable time once again taking in for service. Also, the last time the dealer acted like they were doing me a favor when they fixed the head light - Really!!!

2.0 EcoBoost AWD is GREAT
By huronguy92 on 08/14/13 21:47 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Escape SE 4dr SUV AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Right off the bat I got 21.3 MPG in stop and go city traffic, 27 MPG limited Highway. I've had NO problems with Sync or My Ford Touch. My iPhone paired immediately and hasn't needed to be re-paired. My Ford Touch is totally different then operating Radio and Climate with Dials, Levers, or Buttons. Everything is on the touch screen is clearly marked. Spend 2 minutes to become familiar with NEW technology and you won't have a problem. Voice command works well, not quite like the Enterprise computer, and you might have to close the windows. Acceleration in the 2.0 is fantastic, Sport mode transmission gives quicker shifts and a more performance oriented driving experience.

Love the car BUT........
By snow2doxie3 on 08/14/13 12:38 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Escape SE 4dr SUV AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought my Escape Oct 2012. I really didn't plan on spending so much time at the service dept. first my doors wouldn't all unlock when I got out of my car. (They still don't but they refuse to try and fix it) Then my radio wouldn't shut off. Yay, fixed it. I have barley any air coming from my vents. Can't fix it. My brand new Samsung G3 doesn't sync with the system so know one can hear me. Still no updates from Ford. Now, my whole radio/sat/phone system won't work at various times and of course can't fix it because I have to bring it in when it happens which of course we know never happens when the shop is open. Black exhaust all over bottom of car. Told this was normal by service dept.

All Looks and Zero Reliability.
By fordfan21 on 08/06/13 09:48 AM (PDT)

2013 Ford Escape SE 4dr SUV (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I traded in a 03 Explorer for the escapes "better" fuel efficiency, which was never achieved. Day 2 of ownership problems began with sync services freezing every other time. The car also developed a vibration through the break pedal that could be felt while stopped and in gear and was accompanied by the gas pump constantly clicking making it a chore to put gas. The interior would rattle and creak like a 100 year old home. Frustration continued with a creaking front suspension, replacing of the entire rack and pinion and constant trips to master reset the MFT system. Although eligible for the buy back program the Ford customer care manager was very rude and refused to follow through.

Love it!!
By delittle on 07/29/13 11:20 AM (PDT)

2013 Ford Escape SEL 4dr SUV AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Just purchased my Escape 2 weeks ago, and very happy with it. I bought it with 110 miles on it, and currently already have over 600. I am currently getting about 23.4 miles to the gallon, and hope to see it get higher, but already an improvement over what I traded in.

Very happy w/ my new scape
By es314 on 07/22/13 15:24 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Escape S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I love this suv , good on gas

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Ford Escape in VA is:

$142 per month*