2013 Ford Escape SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape model:
wished I had something else
By bbgun1 on 10/23/13 05:36 AM (PDT)

2013 Ford Escape SUV SE 4dr SUV AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

32,000 miles now. Fuel economy is no better than 23 on the hwy. car has improper gearing to ever see better. Many bad engineering and design flaws with this car. Still rides like a truck on bad roads. Engine noise galore..tired of it. Seems like gas pedal is not connected to engine at times. Sync is still playing the radio after I WALK AWAY WITH IT LOCKED. Cant turn on the front wiper with out the back one coming on, cant see the key slot to start the car. Last AWD car for me. I believe the suspension has 3-4" inches of travel. Bad roads bad ride.

Looks and feels great but Performance is bad
By nealhardin on 10/22/13 13:07 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Escape SUV SE 4dr SUV (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I purchased a new 2013 Escape 6 months ago. The vehicle look and rides great but the fuel mileage is terrible. It has been in the shop 3 times and still get 16 mpg in the city and 22 mpg on the highway. There are better buys out there for the money. I would not recommend it

MPG not as advertised
By sonni on 10/20/13 14:14 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Escape SUV Titanium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Leased the top of the line AWD in July. I reside in Staten Island NY and drive a combo of local and highway. The vehicle is really nice. All the bells and whistles, comfrtable, great sound system, etc. However, the advertised MPG has not materialized to date, (the manager of my deaership said the eco-boost kicks in at around 5,000 miles). Furthermore, I consider myself to have a very light foot. So to keep it simple, its a great mid sized SUV and I would recomend it, its a quality vehicle. But if you're buying it because of the high MPG, don't. According to the car's own instrament panel, I'm getting a combined 17 mpg now. Much less than I expected. Range on full tank is only 270 miles.

Escape SEL FWD 2.0 Excellent Small SUV
By happymotor on 10/14/13 04:33 AM (PDT)

2013 Ford Escape SUV Titanium 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Love the body style, with the 2.0 turbo engine, powerful, fuel efficient on regular fuel and quiet. Quality materials throughout and workmanship appears to be first class. Blue tooth, navigation, Sony sound system (awesome!) with Ford "My Touch" and "Sync" is well integrated, user friendly and works flawlessly. The Escape has a firm sporty ride but is not harsh and can carve up twisty turns and curves better than most cars with exhilarating fun and confident authority. Heated leather seats are supportive and comfortable even on long drives. Storage space is pretty generous and can haul 3500 pounds with optional towing package with ease. Absolutely enjoy driving it every day.

no problems
By pajake40 on 10/04/13 10:51 AM (PDT)

2013 Ford Escape SUV SE 4dr SUV AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I haven't had a single problem yet and bought it in march.this is my first ford ever and im pleased so far

Very pleased with SEL 2.0 FWD
By automelon48 on 09/19/13 17:17 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Escape SUV Titanium 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Coming from a slightly larger SUV with a 4.0L engine, I was anxious to keep the power but improve on fuel economy. I also do some trailer towing in the summer, so I really needed the power. I ordered a 2013 Escape SEL 2.0 FWD, with towing package. Great choice! Even though Canadian winters are snowy, I did not want the extra expense, weight, or fuel economy of an AWD system. I am achieving the EPA mileage (22/30) as long as I drive sensibly. (have kept mileage records for 12,500 miles) I have the latest release of the My Ford Touch system and it works quite well. Vehicle looks and rides great with 18" wheels. Tows trailer without a thought. First Ford in a long time and I am very pleased.

Gas mileage
By paigemc on 09/15/13 07:39 AM (PDT)

2013 Ford Escape SUV Titanium 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I purchased this car in March 2013. The gas mileage I have gotten is 15 mpg city and 19 mpg highway. This has been verified with the dealership. They can find nothing wrong with the car and Ford advises this is within the normal range. If you are looking for a car that is economical, this is not the car for you.

Solid and fun car
By mattv9 on 09/02/13 12:09 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Escape SUV SEL 4dr SUV AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have a 2.0 SEL AWD Escape bought last May. I've put on 5000 miles so far and I'm really pleased with it for many reasons. First of all, it's is really well made. The interior is high quality and really comfortable (I'm 6'2"... not all cars work for me). I liked the build quality much more than the CX-5. It's a blast to drive, it puts a grin on my face every day. It tracks true and is very sure on all sorts of conditions. I hardly can wait to try it in the snow! My gas milage averages around high 26mpg in mixed driving and 29 highway. With 2 kayaks this drops way down to 23-24mpg.

Great car so far
By 75hoo on 08/28/13 05:07 AM (PDT)

2013 Ford Escape SUV SE 4dr SUV (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Bought in early April and have 5000 miles so far. I love it. It has never been in the shop. I get 29 mpg or better if I drive 70, but that drops to 27 at 75-80. I use regular gas. If I mix highway and town driving, I get 26mpg. Live in FL and drive fairly gently. Have never had a problem with pairing my iPhone 4s. I love the Sirius radio and how you can optimize it for driver listening. Great quiet ride.

13 Escape 2.0L Ecoboost
By canon60d on 08/23/13 06:22 AM (PDT)

2013 Ford Escape SUV Titanium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Bought in May, and have had no issues whatsoever. The engine is a delight, strong and linear acceleration when you need it. Shifts are smooth with the 6 speed transmission, and the sport mode is great in the hills or twisties to eliminate unwanted shifts. Capable of decent gas mileage, but the turbo is way more fun. The really cool thing is the way it handles. Fantastic trip car, i had 4 adults, and a 1 year old with a huge car seat, and clothes for 3 days in the back, loaded to the gills, on twisty roads, and it handled like a dream. Pricey when loaded,but no more so that a Acura, or VW Tiguan, neither of which compares in performance, or feature set. Glad I bought it.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Ford Escape Suv in VA is:

$142 per month*