2013 Ford Escape SUV Consumer Reviews 3

2013 Ford Escape SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape model:
Buyer Beware
By srghmn on 12/27/13 11:46 AM (PST)

2013 Ford Escape SUV SE 4dr SUV (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Trouble almost from day one. Car pulls to the side during acceleration, it shifts very hard like it is having transmission problems. Had it recalled 3 different times leaving me with a rental car for weeks. The radio does not always turn off when I open the door to exit the vehicle, sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. The rear lift gate doesn't always lock, it allows you to open it but then the alarm goes off. You never know if the blue tooth system will connect to my phone thru the speakers or thru privacy mode. Turning radius is horrible, and visibility is the worst in any vehicle I have ever had. Trading it ASAP.

Great Compact SUV!
By ykolettis on 12/20/13 23:21 PM (PST)

2013 Ford Escape SUV Titanium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Got this as a second car to spare my '11 M3 winter wear and tear in the Midwest. Test drove the Santa Fe, RAV4, CR-V and CX-5 before settling on the Escape. Have had the car for five months and still very much enjoy driving it daily.

good suv bad seats
By billho94 on 12/11/13 12:11 PM (PST)

2013 Ford Escape SUV SEL 4dr SUV AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

First thing i would like to say is I'm a Nissan car salesman. I have no bias with domestic vehicles. The escape rides beautifully. I drove a rental from Atlanta, Ga to Green Bay, Wi through a major storm. No problems at all. The seats are the problem. Nissan has the zero gravity seats which are 100% more comfortable than the Ford seat. The engine and transmission work together just fine. Great visibility

Disappointed
By huskymomma on 10/25/13 07:04 AM (PDT)

2013 Ford Escape SUV SE 4dr SUV (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I traded in a Rav4 lease for this 2013 Escape. On the plus side the power is fantastic and it looks great. On the neg side less room than the Rav, milege is no where near the 30 highway even after reaching the 5K mile break in period. Controls are difficult to reach. Everything falls out of the glove box when you open it and it is very small. It doesn't feel as solid. This is my first American car in a long time. I will go for the Honda CRV next time. Very disappointed.

wished I had something else
By bbgun1 on 10/23/13 05:36 AM (PDT)

2013 Ford Escape SUV SE 4dr SUV AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

32,000 miles now. Fuel economy is no better than 23 on the hwy. car has improper gearing to ever see better. Many bad engineering and design flaws with this car. Still rides like a truck on bad roads. Engine noise galore..tired of it. Seems like gas pedal is not connected to engine at times. Sync is still playing the radio after I WALK AWAY WITH IT LOCKED. Cant turn on the front wiper with out the back one coming on, cant see the key slot to start the car. Last AWD car for me. I believe the suspension has 3-4" inches of travel. Bad roads bad ride.

Looks and feels great but Performance is bad
By nealhardin on 10/22/13 13:07 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Escape SUV SE 4dr SUV (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I purchased a new 2013 Escape 6 months ago. The vehicle look and rides great but the fuel mileage is terrible. It has been in the shop 3 times and still get 16 mpg in the city and 22 mpg on the highway. There are better buys out there for the money. I would not recommend it

MPG not as advertised
By sonni on 10/20/13 14:14 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Escape SUV Titanium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Leased the top of the line AWD in July. I reside in Staten Island NY and drive a combo of local and highway. The vehicle is really nice. All the bells and whistles, comfrtable, great sound system, etc. However, the advertised MPG has not materialized to date, (the manager of my deaership said the eco-boost kicks in at around 5,000 miles). Furthermore, I consider myself to have a very light foot. So to keep it simple, its a great mid sized SUV and I would recomend it, its a quality vehicle. But if you're buying it because of the high MPG, don't. According to the car's own instrament panel, I'm getting a combined 17 mpg now. Much less than I expected. Range on full tank is only 270 miles.

Escape SEL FWD 2.0 Excellent Small SUV
By happymotor on 10/14/13 04:33 AM (PDT)

2013 Ford Escape SUV Titanium 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Love the body style, with the 2.0 turbo engine, powerful, fuel efficient on regular fuel and quiet. Quality materials throughout and workmanship appears to be first class. Blue tooth, navigation, Sony sound system (awesome!) with Ford "My Touch" and "Sync" is well integrated, user friendly and works flawlessly. The Escape has a firm sporty ride but is not harsh and can carve up twisty turns and curves better than most cars with exhilarating fun and confident authority. Heated leather seats are supportive and comfortable even on long drives. Storage space is pretty generous and can haul 3500 pounds with optional towing package with ease. Absolutely enjoy driving it every day.

no problems
By pajake40 on 10/04/13 10:51 AM (PDT)

2013 Ford Escape SUV SE 4dr SUV AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I haven't had a single problem yet and bought it in march.this is my first ford ever and im pleased so far

Very pleased with SEL 2.0 FWD
By automelon48 on 09/19/13 17:17 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Escape SUV Titanium 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Coming from a slightly larger SUV with a 4.0L engine, I was anxious to keep the power but improve on fuel economy. I also do some trailer towing in the summer, so I really needed the power. I ordered a 2013 Escape SEL 2.0 FWD, with towing package. Great choice! Even though Canadian winters are snowy, I did not want the extra expense, weight, or fuel economy of an AWD system. I am achieving the EPA mileage (22/30) as long as I drive sensibly. (have kept mileage records for 12,500 miles) I have the latest release of the My Ford Touch system and it works quite well. Vehicle looks and rides great with 18" wheels. Tows trailer without a thought. First Ford in a long time and I am very pleased.