Used 2013 Ford Escape SUV Consumer Reviews - 132 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Ford Escape SUV - Consumer Reviews

2013 Ford Escape SUV

View reviews for a specific Escape model:

Do not buy the Titanium model
By Scott

2013 Ford Escape SUV Titanium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

3 transmissions
Both winshield motors burnt out
Turbo seal went out
Exhaust in cabin
Special tires for Titanium model expensive
Front Tie rods and sway bar replaced

Very nice vehicle
By Kayla Wasson

2013 Ford Escape SUV S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

This is a great car for smaller families. My daughter even loves to ride in the back with the reclining seats.

SE 2.0 4WD First American car in a decade
By Doug Williams

2013 Ford Escape SUV Titanium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Traded my '06 Infiniti G35 for this as I wanted 4wd. Previous AWD vehicle was an '05 Honda Pilot. I took this for a test drive on a whim. Local dealer had it on the lot for over 90 days and wanted to move it. I was VERY impressed with the acceleration of the 2.0T and the purported gas mileage. I also drove a model with the 1.6T for comparison. I could not tell much difference as far as city driving goes. I suspect it would be most noticeable at highway speeds in hilly or mountainous country. 2.5 months in here are my thoughts:
• 4WD works flawlessly in sand. Took it onto the south end of Amelia Island and drove around the point through over 1/4 mile of DEEP powder. I avoided the big trucks ruts as much as possible, but it made it through with no issues.
• Interior Controls: Odd but functional. There should be a USB port somewhere on the dash with all the people that use their phone for navigation and the way GPS sucks battery.
• Noise: Sound insulation / Road noise - very poor. Lots of wind and road noise even at low speed.
• Fuel Economy: Well below rated EPA. I drive 11 miles to work door to door. 2.5 miles of it is 55mph, the rest is 45 and under. I baby the pedal 90% of the time and reset my fuel calibration every tank. I get 22.8mpg consistently overall. On a recent trip to NC I only saw 28.5mpg while at around 75mph. If I pushed the speed up to 80+ MPG went down. The trip was 425 each way. I averaged 26.5 for the trip.

Overall - I still really like it. Can pack all my fishing or outdoors gear and drive through whatever to get where I want to go, road or not.

The worse new vehicle we ever purchased
By nini

2013 Ford Escape SUV SEL 4dr SUV (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

We purchased this Ford brand new in 2013. We have had so many recalls, the transmission rebuilt, the heat shield fell off twice, the second time they wouldn't repair or replace, now i have a hole in the driver side carpet. I have been in rentals since the purchase. Just got car back on January 23, 2016, engine light is on by January 28, 2016. I'm so sick of this car. This was my 3rd Ford purchase and my last. I hope they take this lemon an squeeze it.

I wish I could Escape from this car
By Marc Bahm

2013 Ford Escape SUV SE 4dr SUV AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I drive this car as my company provided vehicle for me to use because I drive it for work to go to customers. I mostly do highway driving so I am in the car for long periods of time. There are so many things I dislike about the car, but I'll try and not to ramble on and keep it simple. The interior, poor seat fabric, not very roomy at all for leg room, in fact the amount of space between the brake pedal and gas pedal is so small that I can barely fit my foot between the brake and the console that runs down to the floor. The seats are very uncomfortable for longer trips than 45 minutes, the seats are not long enough and hit your thigh mid way and create a cramp in your leg. The engine is the worst, I have had this in the shop for so many recalls I have lost count. The latest trip to the dealership was because the engine light came on again, now the turbo has stopped working and it must be replaced. Dealer said it's a 10 hour job. I'm glad I don't have to pay for this as it is a fleet lease vehicle, but if I had to pay for this I would be very upset after only 89K miles. If I would have bought a GM, Kia, or Chrysler they at least have 100K warranty on there power train and transmission. Come on Ford get with the program, if you are going to put these turbo's on more of your vehicles step up and add more warranty to them.