I am aware of quite a few negative reviews and am often 2nd guessing myself on the purchase of my 1st new car (at nearly 40 yrs old). I don't have to drive as much as I used to because I work from home so my driving experience with this vehicle is not as extensive. Overall I love it. There are things I would change but the ride is great, the power is great (2.0 L but not an option here for SEL), and it's very comfortable. It feels like a sports sedan. I average 25 mpg, spot on the EPA est. People need to remember that highway rating is not highway/interstate slow & go driving. My mpg drops when my husband drives it so how you drive really does affect mpg.
- Power & towing (3500 lbs tow on the 2.0 L, same as my previous V6);
- handling very agile, was skittish as first but you have to break it in. Fine now. Interstate merging a breeze.
- MPG - have not got less than 24, have got up to 29.
- Tech features - nice and have not had issues, but I don't expect the world like some do. Have the top level system. Android phone links fine, if it doesn't (ie start vehicle without phone nearby), turn off/on BT on the phone and then links right up. Love popping in a flash drive with all my music. I don't have nav, and didn't continue Sirius subx.
- 110 outlet
- Rearview camera - should be standard
- Backseats, easy fold, mine stay down for dogs
- More cubby space. I was used to having cubby space even big enough for my purse in my 01 Escape. I think this is complaint #1 for most 13 Escape owners. Am working on making extra storage over the hand brake.
- Additional to the storage issue - improve the center console - it's deep and narrow which makes it not very convenient. A Grid-It helped tremendously.
- Visor - seems thick and doesn't sit as flat against windshield as I'd like.
- Telescoping steering column is good but I'd like it a little further out. I like my legs stretched out but not arms.
- Foot pedals. I'm a left-footed braker but can see where a normal right-footer the vertical distance from gas to brake seems bit much.
† Edmunds.com received the highest numerical score in the proprietary J.D. Power 2014 Third-Party Automotive Website Evaluation Study℠. Results based on responses from 3,381 responses, measuring 14 companies and measures third-party automotive website usefulness among new and used vehicle shoppers. Proprietary study results are based on experiences and perceptions of owners surveyed from January 2014. Your experiences may vary. Visit jdpower.com.