I am aware of quite a few negative reviews and am often 2nd guessing myself on the purchase of my 1st new car (at nearly 40 yrs old). I don't have to drive as much as I used to because I work from home so my driving experience with this vehicle is not as extensive. Overall I love it. There are things I would change but the ride is great, the power is great (2.0 L but not an option here for SEL), and it's very comfortable. It feels like a sports sedan. I average 25 mpg, spot on the EPA est. People need to remember that highway rating is not highway/interstate slow & go driving. My mpg drops when my husband drives it so how you drive really does affect mpg.
- Power & towing (3500 lbs tow on the 2.0 L, same as my previous V6);
- handling very agile, was skittish as first but you have to break it in. Fine now. Interstate merging a breeze.
- MPG - have not got less than 24, have got up to 29.
- Tech features - nice and have not had issues, but I don't expect the world like some do. Have the top level system. Android phone links fine, if it doesn't (ie start vehicle without phone nearby), turn off/on BT on the phone and then links right up. Love popping in a flash drive with all my music. I don't have nav, and didn't continue Sirius subx.
- 110 outlet
- Rearview camera - should be standard
- Backseats, easy fold, mine stay down for dogs
- More cubby space. I was used to having cubby space even big enough for my purse in my 01 Escape. I think this is complaint #1 for most 13 Escape owners. Am working on making extra storage over the hand brake.
- Additional to the storage issue - improve the center console - it's deep and narrow which makes it not very convenient. A Grid-It helped tremendously.
- Visor - seems thick and doesn't sit as flat against windshield as I'd like.
- Telescoping steering column is good but I'd like it a little further out. I like my legs stretched out but not arms.
- Foot pedals. I'm a left-footed braker but can see where a normal right-footer the vertical distance from gas to brake seems bit much.