Used 2013 Ford Escape SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Ford Escape SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape model:

Love the car BUT........
By snow2doxie3

2013 Ford Escape SUV SE 4dr SUV AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought my Escape Oct 2012. I really didn't plan on spending so much time at the service dept. first my doors wouldn't all unlock when I got out of my car. (They still don't but they refuse to try and fix it) Then my radio wouldn't shut off. Yay, fixed it. I have barley any air coming from my vents. Can't fix it. My brand new Samsung G3 doesn't sync with the system so know one can hear me. Still no updates from Ford. Now, my whole radio/sat/phone system won't work at various times and of course can't fix it because I have to bring it in when it happens which of course we know never happens when the shop is open. Black exhaust all over bottom of car. Told this was normal by service dept.

AWD, looks good, seats are comfy.

All Looks and Zero Reliability.
By fordfan21

2013 Ford Escape SUV SE 4dr SUV (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I traded in a 03 Explorer for the escapes "better" fuel efficiency, which was never achieved. Day 2 of ownership problems began with sync services freezing every other time. The car also developed a vibration through the break pedal that could be felt while stopped and in gear and was accompanied by the gas pump constantly clicking making it a chore to put gas. The interior would rattle and creak like a 100 year old home. Frustration continued with a creaking front suspension, replacing of the entire rack and pinion and constant trips to master reset the MFT system. Although eligible for the buy back program the Ford customer care manager was very rude and refused to follow through.

Although, MyFord Touch had constant issues I did enjoy the big bright touch screen and the features offered by the system, of course, with the stipulation of the features working when they wanted. Enjoyed the idea of better fuel efficiency while still maintaining some semblance of an SUV, although even going the speed limit on highways it was a chore to maintain an average of at least 29mpg. Exterior and interior styling were very well done but, the paint was paper thin and scratched easily. As for the interior the back seats did not offer much room and finding a comfortable driving position was not easy.

The end result of my ordeal was that after driving a total of 600 miles to and from the dealer... thats another story. The car being in service continually, dealing with my assigned case manager for the buy back program and her superiors was finally to much of an ordeal after 8 long months of ownership. I contacted the dealer in which I bought my vehicle from and finally traded in the Escape for a 2013 Fusion SE 2.0 with the luxury package and optional 18 inch rims. I could not be happier. My family all own Fords which is why I am giving them another chance and so far so good.

Love it!!
By delittle

2013 Ford Escape SUV SEL 4dr SUV AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Just purchased my Escape 2 weeks ago, and very happy with it. I bought it with 110 miles on it, and currently already have over 600. I am currently getting about 23.4 miles to the gallon, and hope to see it get higher, but already an improvement over what I traded in.

Favorite feature for me is the panaramic sunroof. Gives the car a more roomy feel even though it is big enough. Car is sporty and drives the same way.

Ford should put standard rubber mat in the cargo area. Since it is carpeted, items do move around while you are driving. Planning on getting a rubber mat Very Soon!

Very happy w/ my new scape
By es314

2013 Ford Escape SUV S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I love this suv , good on gas

6 speed transmission

3rd row seat

Glad I waited to review my Escape
By kahunaman

2013 Ford Escape SUV Titanium 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

My last vechicle was a great car, a VW CC Turbo, it ran like the wind and handled great while getting 22 city and 32 hwy, however it only seated 4 and had very little room. I was pleased by the Escapes Turbo, handling, cargo, 5 passenger seating and all of the great features on my Titanium however The EPA rating of 22 and 30 just wasnt to be. The city millage was meeting and or exceeding the estimates but despite driving very conservatively I was only getting 24 hwy on my first real road trips. Then after 5 months and 3800 miles I am proud to say my Escape just got 29.5mpg fully loaded with 5 passengers and luggage on a family vacation. I ran premium gas and the AC at about 65-70. Awesome!

The Sync is much better than reported. The my touch offers loads of info and the non-GPS information system is very accurate. The handling is exceptional and the turbo is spunky. To quote my 14 year old sun, its like driving a space craft. More space in back than I had realized.

More storage in front.