2013 Ford Escape SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape model:
First Ford in 40 years
By docwalleye1 on 10/24/12 11:42 AM (PDT)

2013 Ford Escape SUV SE 4dr SUV (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Replaced wife's 2005 Rav-4 with a new Escape. First Ford I bought since my Mach 1 Mustang back in 1970 (wish I still had that one). Love the car! Test drove several SUV's and it was love at first drive with the Escape. Had it all. Comfort, performance, and style all great. Especially like the interior design. It is so smoooooth and quiet to drive that I leave my car and take hers when I can. Got basic SE model and added leather seats in the aftermarket for $950, for a total of $24,600, plus TTL. I agree with one magazine review I read that said the new Escape puts the "Sport" back in SUV! Am getting 28 mpg in combined, mostly rural driving. Got 32 on a trip down I-90.

New Escape
By rtp_owner on 10/24/12 01:48 AM (PDT)

2013 Ford Escape SUV SEL 4dr SUV (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Purchased a brand new Escape - for mileage - went from 07 Suburban to 09 Mariner (slightly better MPG but no go) to 11 Edge (about same MPG but more go) to $4.00 gas and hence the Escape. Very cool car. Did NOT get nav - $800 - did NOT get park assist (miss rear radar though) $1000 and did not get sunroof ($1 zillion). Consequently ended up with leather my ford touch (much improved over 2011) heated seats dual climate control etc for $26K. Seats much firmer than the edge - videos on ford website actually discussed seat design. Rear air is great. Rear passengers however had no control over their reading lights. Car handles very very well - surprisingly so.

Escape much improved in 2013
By gassendi on 10/16/12 14:16 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Escape SUV SE 4dr SUV (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Traded up from my 2007 Legacy sedan - needed more room and better mileage, and I found both at Ford. We have a 2005 Mazda Tribute (rebadged Ford Escape) and we have really liked it, when the Subaru proved unreliable, we looked at the new Escape and chose it over the Forester and Mazda CX-5. Exterior styling is excellent - much more like BMW than Ford's traditionally blocky lines. Interior is very comfortable for extended rides, roomy and functional, too. One lever fold-down rear seats give a flat floor for loading cargo; back seat is roomy enough for a 6-ft adult to sit comfortably. Still learning My Ford Touch system, but voice command works reasonably well.

2013 Escape Not Ready for Prime Time
By ggbear on 09/21/12 15:49 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Escape SUV SEL 4dr SUV AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have owned a 2013 Ford Escape SEL AWD with the 2.0L engine for nearly three months and have driven it for about 4,300 miles. I have had multiple issues with the vehicle since the day of delivery. We chose this vehicle over several others based on reviews, the perception that Ford has turned the corner on quality and seeing at an auto show. We ordered it before any were available for a test drive. Sadly, a potentially great vehicle has been one bad experience after another.

A good first effort...
By southtx on 09/12/12 09:27 AM (PDT)

2013 Ford Escape SUV SEL 4dr SUV (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

... but room for improvement. 1.6L Ecoboost is plenty of go for everyday use, but doesn't achieve anywhere near the advertised fuel economy. Transmission is smooth. Interior appointment is nice in the front seating area with soft-touch material, but cheap with hard plastic in the back. MyFordTouch and SYNC are still buggy and seem to do whatever they want, with no rhyme or reason. 'Wave your foot' liftgate is a neat gimmick that doesn't work reliably. Much easier to find the key fob and hit the button twice.

The wait is finally over
By dentond1 on 09/07/12 19:40 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Escape SUV Titanium 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

A few weeks I made the final decision on the Escape. I have been tracking it for more than a year through its design and testing cycles and liked all the reviews that I had read on it. Ford had no reason to update the Escape but they did, and I like it! When compared to similiar compact SUV's it stands on top. The 1.6 Eco has plenty of power but the 2.0 Ecoboost doesnt have to be pushed much to get in and out of traffic quickly. The Tech features make the drive easier and My Ford Touch is 1000X's better than first generation Synch models.

Lovel our Escape
By jslpal69 on 09/01/12 14:24 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Escape SUV Titanium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

We traded a top end CR-V for our new Escape about 2 months ago. While we enjoyed our CR-V and felt it was an excellent vehicle, we really love our new Escape even more. While the CR-V was efficient for getting from point A to point B, the 2013 does the same thing with lots of class and pizzaz. It is peppy, handles like a go cart on rails and has lots of quality features as well as "bells and whistles" that make it fun to drive. Everyone who sees it raves about what a sharp vehicle it is. Being a retired couple, we are not terribly "tech savey" but we have been able to figure out most features of MyFord Touch with no problem. Glad we bought the Escape instead of others we drove.

New Escape Rocks!
By rf9928 on 08/29/12 04:12 AM (PDT)

2013 Ford Escape SUV Titanium 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Fantastic vehicle! Acceleration is quick and very responsive, leather seats are very comfortable, has every feature one could ever want in a car right now and also has good gas mileage. Ford Touch has worked great for the moment and I haven't had any issues like I read about. Hopefully that will continue. I really don't have any complaints at the moment.

Very solid
By sven7 on 08/26/12 18:37 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Escape SUV SE 4dr SUV (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

After a week of mostly 2 lane highway driving, I offer the following observations. The cabin is very quiet and the ride quality in the front seats is excellent. It handles choppy pavement quite well. In my opinion, it continues Ford's recent unfortunate trend of being overly "tech-happy" even when the benefits appear slim. I was able to find one without FordTouch. Sync will only partially connect with my older Bluetooth phone, making but not receiving calls, a problem the salesperson says is common. I strongly suspect the buyer demographic for this car will be much older than for the Focus/Fiesta and simpler would be appreciated.

Very happy
By david1888 on 08/18/12 16:14 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Escape SUV SE 4dr SUV (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Just bought my new 2013 Ford Escape SE model. I really like the new design and ofcourse the great mpg. So far no problems at all! Don't get some of the negativer reviews, but I guess everyone's differant.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Ford Escape Suv in VA is:

$142 per month*