Used 2013 Ford Escape Consumer Reviews - 131 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Ford Escape - Consumer Reviews

2013 Ford Escape

View reviews for a specific Escape model:

Great Compact SUV!
By ykolettis

2013 Ford Escape Titanium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Got this as a second car to spare my '11 M3 winter wear and tear in the Midwest.
Test drove the Santa Fe, RAV4, CR-V and CX-5 before settling on the Escape.
Have had the car for five months and still very much enjoy driving it daily.

I really like the exterior sheet-metal, though some may consider it equal parts "feminine" and "sporty." Extremely well appointed and comfortable interior. The front seats are super comfy and supportive and seem meant for long road trips. Seat heaters get HOT quickly (which is great with freezing outdoor temps). First car I've owned with remote start and I love it. Panoramic sunroof creates an openness to the cabin. Power liftgate actually practical and helpful when you have grocery bags in both hands. The premium Sony stereo sounds great.

Gas mileage!!!! It does barely better than my M3 in mixed city/hwy driving. 18mpg with a 250 mile range for a 2L four cyl?!? And I'm not particularly heavy footed on the gas or use the remote start often. By far the least appealing feature of the car. On the highway, I can squeeze 24mpg if I keep speed limit around 65... Include a heated steering wheel and heated rear seats in the winter package. Allow change or entry of data into the NAV system while car is in motion. My older Lexus used to lock out in the same way. BMW doesn't. It isn't like the infotainment center doesn't distract us with a multitude of other options while we're driving... Add a few more cubby holes for storage.

good suv bad seats
By billho94

2013 Ford Escape SEL 4dr SUV AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

First thing i would like to say is I'm a Nissan car salesman. I have no bias with domestic vehicles. The escape rides beautifully. I drove a rental from Atlanta, Ga to Green Bay, Wi through a major storm. No problems at all. The seats are the problem. Nissan has the zero gravity seats which are 100% more comfortable than the Ford seat. The engine and transmission work together just fine. Great visibility

Climate control was good. Love the awd. Good torque and power.

Seats, Seats, Seats

Disappointed
By huskymomma

2013 Ford Escape SE 4dr SUV (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I traded in a Rav4 lease for this 2013 Escape.
On the plus side the power is fantastic and it looks great.
On the neg side less room than the Rav, milege is no where near the 30 highway even after reaching the 5K mile break in period.
Controls are difficult to reach.
Everything falls out of the glove box when you open it and it is very small.
It doesn't feel as solid.
This is my first American car in a long time.
I will go for the Honda CRV next time.
Very disappointed.

The power is great. I do a lot of highway driving and this vehicle can get it done safetly and efficiently.

Control placement. More storage room. Better mileage.

wished I had something else
By bbgun1

2013 Ford Escape SE 4dr SUV AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

32,000 miles now.
Fuel economy is no better than 23 on the hwy.
car has improper gearing to ever see better. Many bad engineering and design flaws with this car. Still rides like a truck on bad roads. Engine noise galore..tired of it. Seems like gas pedal is not connected to engine at times. Sync is still playing the radio after I WALK AWAY WITH IT LOCKED. Cant turn on the front wiper with out the back one coming on, cant see the key slot to start the car. Last AWD car for me. I believe the suspension has 3-4" inches of travel. Bad roads bad ride.

Seats are great. Car is zippy around town but not on the hwy where you need it. All do improper gearing which leads to bad gas milage.

Car needs a complete redesign. Interior, engine, a suspension.

Looks and feels great but Performance is bad
By nealhardin

2013 Ford Escape SE 4dr SUV (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I purchased a new 2013 Escape 6 months ago. The vehicle look and rides great but the fuel mileage is terrible. It has been in the shop 3 times and still get 16 mpg in the city and 22 mpg on the highway.

There are better buys out there for the money. I would not recommend it