Used 2013 Ford Escape Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Ford Escape - Consumer Reviews

2013 Ford Escape

View reviews for a specific Escape model:

Great Vehicle
By jeff5558

2013 Ford Escape SE 4dr SUV (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

SEwith 1.6 Turbo. 4600 miles so far. Car is fast, fun and great on Gas. I get 25-26 with 50/50 Highway and City, straight up 33/34 on the interstate. Anything over 80 it drops to 29. Very versatile. SYNC is weird, but it works. Takes and makes calls, but won't work with my Nano or Shuffle. Looks good, runs good. Waiting for an SVT version to come out.

Favorite Features

I love the 1 hand rear seat lowering operation, and my dog likes all the window space in the back. The ability to have two trip computers is neat, and after getting used ton the capless gas tank I like that too.

Suggested Improvements

I do wish there was an option to have a power window in the liftgate. Also, an auto-lower feature for the passenger side door window would be nice.

Just bought my Escape
By lexan1965

2013 Ford Escape SE 4dr SUV (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I went to take a test drive with my wife as the Escape was the only small SUV I had not test driven yet. I test drove the Equinox, Terrain, and the new RAV4. After the drive in the new Escape, I was sold! I got the SEL trim level, a two thousand dollar rebate, plus the X-plan for being employed as a Ford supplier. The make-over for 2013 is a big improvement inside and out for the Escape. Ford has done a good job redesigning the 2013 model. I'm 6'-4" and 238lbs. and fit very comfortably in the Escape. Love everything about it so far. I don't understand all the negative reviews and I hope I don't experience any of the problems described by others. Average of 28.5 mpg 70hwy/30city.

Favorite Features

Heated leather seats, lumbar support. Interior and exterior re-design of the vehicle. Visibility out the front window and sides. Touch screen system features. Peppy engine, agile handling, and nice ride. Blind spot side mirrors.

Suggested Improvements

coin holder in center console. Armrest could be bigger and more forward.

Very Loud Knocking! After Cold Start.
By maniac4

2013 Ford Escape S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I got a 2.5 liter S model, I do believe it has engine damage. It has 700 miles on it. Extremely loud lifters as well as lower end knocks. cold But after about 20 minutes of driving it gets somewhat less noisy. I think I might have low oil pressure. But of course the dealer says its normal. Without even listening or checking.. But other than that is ok I guess. No other complaints, I got synch but why bother. I don't use it. I just hope this motor smoothes out or blows. I stayed away from the turbo cause I figured Id be keeping it for a long time. Aint much for high tech. But the motor worries me a bit. but hey. A motor can be replaced. I hope it smoothes out though . Anyone have any input?

Favorite Features

Everything but the motor! Everything else works as it should.

Suggested Improvements

R and R motor. Its hard to rate this wagon with the engine noises I have. I made a video of it to show the dummies at the dealer how it sounds in the cold start mode. Why do we have to diagnose our vehicles. seems to me Nobody cares anymore! They claim a 5-60 warrantee but the dealers are very difficult to work with.

Love / Hate relationship
By caltalker13

2013 Ford Escape Titanium 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I usually don't write reviews, but this time I wanted to get my story out there just in case it will help someone. I've had my 2013 Escape Titanium for almost 2 weeks, it's been in the shop already. I love how it drives all the fun options, My concerns are the MPG, I bought the car thinking I will save money on gas, since I own a Ram 1500, very nice truck but just to big in the city. So I went with the Escape. Since I've had it I am averaging 18 mpg, that is City and Highway mostly Highway. My truck was getting 18 mpg. Ford has told me to drive the car until I hit 1000 miles, it has 350 right now. So I will get you guys informed of how it turns out.

falling apart
By strssed

2013 Ford Escape S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

my 4wheel drive 2013 escape has 50000 miles on it.My air quit working and I've been told it has a problem in the line somewhere also was getting new tires told the front bearings are bad.My suv also clunks when I apply the brakes who knows what the nexy problem will be. I traded a 2004 toyota with 130000 miles on it with no problems.Should have bought the 4 runner.I won't be keeping this car much longer.

Favorite Features

sunroof.traction control in the snow.