Used 2013 Ford Escape SE SUV Consumer Reviews - 26 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Ford Escape SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape model:

Escape gets you there, but just not all your stuff
By Loralee Holiman

2013 Ford Escape SUV SE 4dr SUV (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This is a nice little car; but having down-sized from a 7-passenger van, we missed the cargo room. If you plan to move furniture, kayaks, or large pieces of lumber, consider the next size up. Other than that, this SUV will get you there reliably and in comfort at an affordable price.

My 13 Escape
By Snowman

2013 Ford Escape SUV SE 4dr SUV (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

The 2013 Ford Escape I had was an outstanding vehicle. I put over 70K on it in three years driving cross country twice. I never felt compromised in any situation whether it was snow, rain , mountains or just straight highway driving. Plenty of acceleration with ECO Boost (turbo) great gas mileage usually @ 30 highway 24 city. My wife is a small woman and was very pleased with control access and road view. I'll just say that we liked it so much we traded it and bought a 2016 Escape:)

My Last Ford
By Jennifer

2013 Ford Escape SUV SE 4dr SUV (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought my Ford Escape as a new model. I never expected to have so many concerns/problems with a new vehicle. It jerks into gear, and grabs when the brakes are pressed. It is like driving a golf cart. It has been recalled several times, and the interior is poorly manufactured. The cargo cover is asymmetrical leaving a gaping hole in the floorboard, and the handle in the cargo area is not secure. I have taken to several Ford Dealerships. One essentially told me I would have to live with the defects even though the vehicle is under warranty. I have had conflicted reports from dealerships. One did indicate transmission issues at less than 36K, and attempted a repair. Apparently Ford does not stand behind the vehicles it manufactures. I plan on selling this vehicle as soon as possible, and will never buy another Ford. On a positive note, the radio is nice and works, but it is little consolation when concerned the transmission is going to fail. It is unfortunate, as this vehicle is made locally, and I like to support local economy. Mediocre gas mileage as well, nothing green about this car. Plan on selling ASAP before the warranty runs out, and I am stuck with a huge repair bill. I am a conscientious driver, and tend to keep a car for their lifetime. Guess, this Ford's lifetime is 36,000. Hmmmm......about the time the warranty runs out.

Problems from day one
By Trubincan@gmail.com

2013 Ford Escape SUV SE 4dr SUV (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

From day 1 engine coolent had to be added . During two recalls this was brought up both times couldn't find a leek only after I found the leek could it be fixed and by then my warranty was up costing hundreds. 6 months later water pump goes costing thousands. Battery goes bad all in two years . Run far away from the ford exscape 1.6 ecoboost

SIX RECALL NOTICES IN 3 YEARS!!!!
By J Fischer

2013 Ford Escape SUV SE 4dr SUV (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have a 3 year lease on this 2013 FORD Escape (currently less than 40k miles). I have received 6 recall notices in less than 3 years! 6!!! After 2.5 years the engine just failed. Just shut down. Had to bring it in for service, which lasted 1 week. On the day I got my car back from FORD service I received ANOTHER recall notice!!!! Now with 5 weeks left on my lease the brakes just went. They're probably going to charge me $$$ for new brake pads when I have to turn his POS in in 5 weeks. UNBELIEVABLE!!! The next poor sucker is going to get an absolute lemon with new brake pads! Courtesy of me. NEVER AGAIN WILL I GET ANOTHER FORD.