Used 2013 Ford Escape SE SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Ford Escape SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape model:

2013 Eco Boost
By topsee

2013 Ford Escape SUV SE 4dr SUV (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I purchased my Escape in the fall of 2012 and it presently has less than 12k in miles on it. Four recalls on this model. Sync system failed and the dealer reset it and said they could not provide the replacement part unless the system failed completely. I would not purchase an Escape until the problems are remedied on the factory level. for the Eco Boost engine. Presently back at the dealer with a low coolant/service warning, which I suspect has something to do with the last recall work not done correctly. I am contemplating trading as I am now uncertain of the vehicle's future.

Fun to drive, very nimble, Sync system, has more room for taller people than others in the same class, comfortable seats, excellent highway mileage

correct problems with the Eco Boost engines

Terrible Car
By thumper055

2013 Ford Escape SUV SE 4dr SUV (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Nothing But problems with this car. it has just over 51,000 km on it and has been through 4 fuel pumps, 2 water pumps, a transmission rebuild and all engine gaskets have been replaced. It recently bogged down on the highway with foot to the floor and only being able to maintain 70 km/hr. Luckily got it home and parked it before it shut off on its own. When brought to the dealership they could not find any problems and couldn't do anything to help solve the problem. It was purchased new off the lot and have had nothing but problems since. Over 3 years of owning there has been around $20,000.00 of warranty work done. Would not recommend this vehicle to anyone.

Terrible MPG, Bad Interior Design
By roadkingmi

2013 Ford Escape SUV SE 4dr SUV (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

We have owned our Escape for 1 year and 13,000 miles, and it has been very disappointing. We bought the car because it was great looking with great "advertised" gas mileage... and have been disappointed ever since! The gas Mileage is not even close to advertised, more like 18-20 city, 24-26 hwy (on 2400 mile trip with cruise control) and 21=22 avg. The interior design is at first comfortable, until you realize that other than a coffee mug there is no place to put any thing except the very narrow and deep center console storage (once down there forget about finding it again) also all the electronic plug ins are in there under the arm rest very inconvenient

Exterior styling, power lift gate, rear seats that fold flat

GAS MILEAGE! Interior convenience

Buyer Beware
By srghmn

2013 Ford Escape SUV SE 4dr SUV (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Trouble almost from day one. Car pulls to the side during acceleration, it shifts very hard like it is having transmission problems. Had it recalled 3 different times leaving me with a rental car for weeks. The radio does not always turn off when I open the door to exit the vehicle, sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. The rear lift gate doesn't always lock, it allows you to open it but then the alarm goes off. You never know if the blue tooth system will connect to my phone thru the speakers or thru privacy mode. Turning radius is horrible, and visibility is the worst in any vehicle I have ever had. Trading it ASAP.

the key pad on the door panel, I will hate to lose that when I trade this lemon off

Visibility, turning radius, electronic systems are not reliable

Disappointed
By huskymomma

2013 Ford Escape SUV SE 4dr SUV (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I traded in a Rav4 lease for this 2013 Escape. On the plus side the power is fantastic and it looks great. On the neg side less room than the Rav, milege is no where near the 30 highway even after reaching the 5K mile break in period. Controls are difficult to reach. Everything falls out of the glove box when you open it and it is very small. It doesn't feel as solid. This is my first American car in a long time. I will go for the Honda CRV next time. Very disappointed.

The power is great. I do a lot of highway driving and this vehicle can get it done safetly and efficiently.

Control placement. More storage room. Better mileage.