2013 Ford Escape SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape model:
Very happy w/ my new scape
By es314 on 07/22/13 15:24 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Escape SUV S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I love this suv , good on gas

Think about your decision carefully
By chevylover229 on 07/19/13 00:40 AM (PDT)

2013 Ford Escape SUV S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

My family purchased the 2013 Ford Escape S about three months ago (This is July of 2013) and at first we were SO happy, but about a week past and we had a sync problem, then a lift gate problem and so on and so on. Though this is a very NICE (Key word) car. I still have a few years to go before saying i like ford... Cause at the moment; I don't. The low base price and High MPG, mixed with the design of this car make it a real catch. So if you can afford slightly higher priced car, I strongly hope you do. Another car that might suit your fancy would be a Chevy Equinox that we also own and love three times more. With a spacious 2nd row and quiet interior make a better choice by a long shot.

Very Loud Knocking! After Cold Start.
By maniac4 on 06/05/13 21:06 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Escape SUV S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I got a 2.5 liter S model, I do believe it has engine damage. It has 700 miles on it. Extremely loud lifters as well as lower end knocks. cold But after about 20 minutes of driving it gets somewhat less noisy. I think I might have low oil pressure. But of course the dealer says its normal. Without even listening or checking.. But other than that is ok I guess. No other complaints, I got synch but why bother. I don't use it. I just hope this motor smoothes out or blows. I stayed away from the turbo cause I figured Id be keeping it for a long time. Aint much for high tech. But the motor worries me a bit. but hey. A motor can be replaced. I hope it smoothes out though . Anyone have any input?

falling apart
By strssed on 05/19/13 14:51 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Escape SUV S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

my 4wheel drive 2013 escape has 50000 miles on it.My air quit working and I've been told it has a problem in the line somewhere also was getting new tires told the front bearings are bad.My suv also clunks when I apply the brakes who knows what the nexy problem will be. I traded a 2004 toyota with 130000 miles on it with no problems.Should have bought the 4 runner.I won't be keeping this car much longer.

Love it!
By gijanetexas on 02/15/13 17:19 PM (PST)

2013 Ford Escape SUV S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

After having my 2003 Ford F-150 truck for ten years I got this Escape in Nov. 2012. They had the black and steek gray colors $2000.00 cheaper at my dealer so I decided I could live for a dark color to save money (I live in Texas where it is hot). It is the base model but it is FWD, has the basic Sync, remote start (dealer choice to install on all their cars), and door edge coating protection. The first few oil changes were included with special coupons as well as other couponds for discounts on services. Lots of cupholders. It has places for your umbrella and a big glove box. Plenty of storage for small items in the tire storage area. City driving has me getting 21.4 to 21.5 MPG.

Beautiful and Fun to drive. Disappointing mpg and electronics
By mcraigs on 02/05/13 19:31 PM (PST)

2013 Ford Escape SUV S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Beautiful inside and out. Fun to drive and controls well. Functional and practical. I have been disappointed with mpg. I am averaging 21.5 mpg consistently for 6000 miles. This is based on 70 % highway 30% city driving. To put this in perspective I have a 2004 Subaru Forester XT that under the same driving conditions gets 29.5 mpg. My DH has a 2012 Ford Edge that gets 20.5 mpg under the same driving conditions. Based on other reviews I tried premium fuel. The premium fuel increased the mpg to 22.5 mpg. Perhaps I had unrealistic expectations. I have been disappointed in the somewhat buggy electronics - in particular my ford touch, navigation and parking assist. Fixed next release?

No heat in the back seats
By jriley3 on 12/31/12 08:14 AM (PST)

2013 Ford Escape SUV S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I am very pleased with my vehicle. It handles well and is great on gas. The only problems I have are there are no cupholders or vents for heat amd AC for the back seats. When you live in Maryland, which gets really cold and hot, there is a need for cool air and heat, especially for small children, who now have to sit with blankets across their legs until the spring. I was told by Ford to use the vents from the front and turn them toward the back. Thanks Ford!!! Who would think to check for vents in the back seats when purchasing a car? I thought it was a standard. So the new thing is to pay more and get additional vents in our vehicles to keep our children warm? Really?!

A Nice car but has flaws
By fpconlult on 11/19/12 12:23 PM (PST)

2013 Ford Escape SUV S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Pros: The first impression is this is a good looking car. The interior is well laid out and includes what all back seat passengers want, rear air vents. Acceleration is good and the car handles well. Cons: Steering over compensates in panic situations. The Air/Heat controls not easy to use, unles using the display screen. The entertainment system starts with music on low then suddenly blasts you. Entertainment system changes mode when car starts(radio, MP3, Satelite). Only get 310 miles per tank of gas. Driver seat occasionally adjusts full forward when engine turned off. Too many controls on steering column is distracting and confusing.

Disappointing
By crd1029 on 06/13/12 19:35 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Escape SUV S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I had been researching small SUVs and hatchbacks for months, anxiously awaiting several of the new offerings. One was the 2013 Ford Escape. My wife and I arrived at the dealer the day their first base S Escape arrived. We really liked the exterior look of the car and were excited to drive it. After 20 min., we were very disappointed. The levers and knobs were cheap plastic and the seats were very hard. The ride was extremely stiff and we felt every ripple in the road. The engine was buzzy and loud starting from the rest position. We quickly realized this car may be all right for zipping around town, but would tire you out on any longer trip. We ended up buying a Nissan Rogue. MUCH nicer- fun

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Ford Escape Suv in VA is:

$142 per month*