Used 2013 Ford Escape S SUV Consumer Reviews - 10 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Ford Escape SUV - Consumer Reviews

2013 Ford Escape SUV

View reviews for a specific Escape model:

Very nice vehicle
By Kayla Wasson

2013 Ford Escape SUV S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

This is a great car for smaller families. My daughter even loves to ride in the back with the reclining seats.

Very happy w/ my new scape
By es314

2013 Ford Escape SUV S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I love this suv , good on gas

6 speed transmission

3rd row seat

Think about your decision carefully
By chevylover229

My family purchased the 2013 Ford Escape S
about three months ago (This is July of 2013) and at first we were SO happy, but about a week past and we had a sync problem, then a lift gate problem and so on and so on. Though this is a very NICE (Key word) car. I still have a few years to go before saying i like ford... Cause at the moment; I don't. The low base price and High MPG, mixed with the design of this car make it a real catch. So if you can afford slightly higher priced car, I strongly hope you do. Another car that might suit your fancy would be a Chevy Equinox that we also own and love three times more. With a spacious 2nd row and quiet interior make a better choice by a long shot.

The interior and exterior are of high quality and the materials used make you feel better about yourself. The fact that it has a sport mode and a Standard mode... Well lets just say i might have been pulled over... also there are a few cool secret compartments for hiding things you don't want your kids seeing. The base stereo is pretty good!

The problem is that Ford still has a problem with build quality; if you live on a dirt road like us, DO NOT BUY IT! It gets dirty so fast you can't even make it out of the car wash; the rear seat is a bit snug; the low trim is the only compact crossover/SUV in America besides the Mitsubishi Outlander sport that comes with hubcaps, and though the hubcaps are pretty; against competitors like the GMC Terrain, Chevy Equinox Toyota RAV 4 and Honda CR-V. the low trim standard features are low.

Very Loud Knocking! After Cold Start.
By maniac4

2013 Ford Escape SUV S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I got a 2.5 liter S model, I do believe it has engine damage. It has 700 miles on it. Extremely loud lifters as well as lower end knocks. cold But after about 20 minutes of driving it gets somewhat less noisy. I think I might have low oil pressure. But of course the dealer says its normal. Without even listening or checking.. But other than that is ok I guess. No other complaints, I got synch but why bother. I don't use it. I just hope this motor smoothes out or blows. I stayed away from the turbo cause I figured Id be keeping it for a long time. Aint much for high tech. But the motor worries me a bit. but hey. A motor can be replaced. I hope it smoothes out though . Anyone have any input?

Everything but the motor! Everything else works as it should.

R and R motor. Its hard to rate this wagon with the engine noises I have. I made a video of it to show the dummies at the dealer how it sounds in the cold start mode. Why do we have to diagnose our vehicles. seems to me Nobody cares anymore! They claim a 5-60 warrantee but the dealers are very difficult to work with.

falling apart
By strssed

2013 Ford Escape SUV S 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

my 4wheel drive 2013 escape has 50000 miles on it.My air quit working and I've been told it has a problem in the line somewhere also was getting new tires told the front bearings are bad.My suv also clunks when I apply the brakes who knows what the nexy problem will be. I traded a 2004 toyota with 130000 miles on it with no problems.Should have bought the 4 runner.I won't be keeping this car much longer.

sunroof.traction control in the snow.