2013 Ford Escape SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape model:
Never Again
By sarahh2 on 05/21/14 20:47 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Escape SUV Titanium 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I had previously purchased a 2007 Mariner that I loved, but the new model Escapes are nothing like the old version. Between test driving the car and having it delivered from the dealership, the brakes warped, so I was back at the dealership within the first week of owning it. In the 7 months that I owned this vehicle, I also had it serviced for the driver's side window that wouldn't go up when it was cold out, the rear drivers side door wouldn't latch when it was cold, the computer had to be reset b/c the transmission delayed after depressing gas. Final straw was failure of the restraint control module, which activated 3 warning lights (traction control, airbag and hillside assist failure).

Escape SEL FWD 2.0 Excellent Small SUV
By happymotor on 10/14/13 04:33 AM (PDT)

2013 Ford Escape SUV Titanium 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Love the body style, with the 2.0 turbo engine, powerful, fuel efficient on regular fuel and quiet. Quality materials throughout and workmanship appears to be first class. Blue tooth, navigation, Sony sound system (awesome!) with Ford "My Touch" and "Sync" is well integrated, user friendly and works flawlessly. The Escape has a firm sporty ride but is not harsh and can carve up twisty turns and curves better than most cars with exhilarating fun and confident authority. Heated leather seats are supportive and comfortable even on long drives. Storage space is pretty generous and can haul 3500 pounds with optional towing package with ease. Absolutely enjoy driving it every day.

Very pleased with SEL 2.0 FWD
By automelon48 on 09/19/13 17:17 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Escape SUV Titanium 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Coming from a slightly larger SUV with a 4.0L engine, I was anxious to keep the power but improve on fuel economy. I also do some trailer towing in the summer, so I really needed the power. I ordered a 2013 Escape SEL 2.0 FWD, with towing package. Great choice! Even though Canadian winters are snowy, I did not want the extra expense, weight, or fuel economy of an AWD system. I am achieving the EPA mileage (22/30) as long as I drive sensibly. (have kept mileage records for 12,500 miles) I have the latest release of the My Ford Touch system and it works quite well. Vehicle looks and rides great with 18" wheels. Tows trailer without a thought. First Ford in a long time and I am very pleased.

Gas mileage
By paigemc on 09/15/13 07:39 AM (PDT)

2013 Ford Escape SUV Titanium 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I purchased this car in March 2013. The gas mileage I have gotten is 15 mpg city and 19 mpg highway. This has been verified with the dealership. They can find nothing wrong with the car and Ford advises this is within the normal range. If you are looking for a car that is economical, this is not the car for you.

Glad I waited to review my Escape
By kahunaman on 07/19/13 00:46 AM (PDT)

2013 Ford Escape SUV Titanium 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

My last vechicle was a great car, a VW CC Turbo, it ran like the wind and handled great while getting 22 city and 32 hwy, however it only seated 4 and had very little room. I was pleased by the Escapes Turbo, handling, cargo, 5 passenger seating and all of the great features on my Titanium however The EPA rating of 22 and 30 just wasnt to be. The city millage was meeting and or exceeding the estimates but despite driving very conservatively I was only getting 24 hwy on my first real road trips. Then after 5 months and 3800 miles I am proud to say my Escape just got 29.5mpg fully loaded with 5 passengers and luggage on a family vacation. I ran premium gas and the AC at about 65-70. Awesome!

Love / Hate relationship
By caltalker13 on 05/31/13 08:52 AM (PDT)

2013 Ford Escape SUV Titanium 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I usually don't write reviews, but this time I wanted to get my story out there just in case it will help someone. I've had my 2013 Escape Titanium for almost 2 weeks, it's been in the shop already. I love how it drives all the fun options, My concerns are the MPG, I bought the car thinking I will save money on gas, since I own a Ram 1500, very nice truck but just to big in the city. So I went with the Escape. Since I've had it I am averaging 18 mpg, that is City and Highway mostly Highway. My truck was getting 18 mpg. Ford has told me to drive the car until I hit 1000 miles, it has 350 right now. So I will get you guys informed of how it turns out.

poor customer service
By phx13 on 04/03/13 21:06 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Escape SUV Titanium 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

bought brand new Escape. at just over a 1000 miles the car died. would not start. called dealer bought car from they offered me a free oil change, and stated what a great deal I got. they did not address the issue the car would not start. called road side service, got a jump start. went to a Ford dealer close. they only charged battery for 3 hours, refused to run a diagnostic. Called Ford Corporate office, their rep told us if the car kept having problems just keep taking it back in.

bad seats
By kingjim1945 on 03/12/13 15:04 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Escape SUV Titanium 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This car has the worst front seats i have ever had. We drove 1500 mile on vacation and could hardly walk after getting here. We have done this milage with other vehicles and no problem. Anybody doing a lot of traveling had better stay away from an escape.

economy, Sync lacking
By shortybus on 02/17/13 13:07 PM (PST)

2013 Ford Escape SUV Titanium 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

2013 Escape SE 2.0 EcoBoost I feel like I am a victim of false advertising. Fuel economy is definitely not up to the billing. I'm lucky to keep it over 21 average. I got rid of my '05 4-Runner to try to get better mileage, but it's barely cutting it. Also, as described in numerous places here, Sync is buggy. I have recurring problems with my ipod and the Sync index. It's unpredictable and dsometimes unreliable. And when something's not right she won't shut up. Bottom line, nice vehicle for the money as long as you are aware of the problems. Don't expect much for fuel economy, at least with the 2.0, unless you drive like a granny in a warm, dry climate on flat roads.

2012 and 2013 Escape
By tjack129 on 02/13/13 10:45 AM (PST)

2013 Ford Escape SUV Titanium 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have a 2012 limited and just bought the wife a 2013 Titanium. I like the old boxy model.....easy to drive.....easy to see out of.....everything works properly. It has the 2.5 engine and though it is not the smoothest and strongest engine it has been reliable and returns decent mileage. In my every day driving.....going to golf course.....running around to do things and occasional trips up the interstate to see granddaughter.....it is giving me currently 23.8 mpg over a period of several thousand miles. The new Titanium does every thing better except the mileage.....only 20.0 at this point. Hope fully that will improve.....only 500 miles at this point.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Ford Escape Suv in VA is:

$137 per month*