Used 2013 Ford Escape SEL SUV Consumer Reviews - 22 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Ford Escape SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape model:

I LOVE MY ESCAPE!!
By Rgtstylist

2013 Ford Escape SUV SEL 4dr SUV (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Have I had recalls? Yes. Is it annoying? Sometimes. In my case, Ford has kept up with what needed to be done before it was a problem. And the service department and service managers have been excellent. I have had 44 cars since I turned 16. I'm 54 now. Usually I keep a car a year or 2. But I can't bring myself to trade this one. Since I bought it I have had 3 other cars (I usually have a SUV/truck and a car at the same time.) and have no desire to replace this one. The leather seat fit me like it was made for me and having a back problem, that is very important. I have almost 20,000 miles in 3 years so I expect to own this SUV quite a while. Lovin my "SilverBullit".

Recalls...transmission...now what?
By Mike

2013 Ford Escape SUV SEL 4dr SUV (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Just got back from a 1200 mile trip and the transmission started shifted poorly. I've occasionally had a few slips here and there and while it caused a slight concern, it did not happen enough to warrant further investigation. Now, the car won't run and I'm told it's $5000 to fix it!!! Not only will I not have a car for a week, I just lost my vacation $$ for the next 2 years. Thanks Ford!! The worst part about all this....I actually own Ford stock! It will take about 10 years of dividends to pay this bill...UGH

NEVER A FORD AGAIN!!!!
By gamergirl

2013 Ford Escape SUV SEL 4dr SUV (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

First of all the epa needs to investigate ford for it's mileage as it is way underestimated!! I would be lucky to get 21 mpg city and 25 hywy. Next lets talk about the 1000 recalls that where on it when I bought it. I'm almost 40 years old and this is my first new/used car. I didn't do my research at all! Got it in and loved it. Had all the bells and whistle that didn't work half the time. Not to mention the sync, navigation, hands free, and radio having a mind of it's own. Never new what or how to get a code for the outside of the door. The back door clamps broke and the door wouldn't open. They finally broke and we would have had to replace the entire inner door frame. Also, front axels needed replaced, TURBO LEAKING OIL! Guess what I don't have a car. I'm down 2k from what I owe. Only had it 2 years with 81k miles on it. Taking a HUGE loss. Never go near a ford again. Also, my mother has the eco boost with 31K on her car and she is trading it in. Won't deal with that BS AGAIN!!

WHAT KIND OF CAR IS THIS...
By LINDA

2013 Ford Escape SUV SEL 4dr SUV (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I am a personal driver and I am always proud to put a new client into my Escape, especially the men who get in and say "What kind of car is this, it's really nice"... I have over 65,000 on my car right now and (knock on wood) I have not had any major issues... I do have it serviced regularly and I don't over drive the engine. I love my Ford Escape...

The worse new vehicle we ever purchased
By nini

2013 Ford Escape SUV SEL 4dr SUV (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

We purchased this Ford brand new in 2013. We have had so many recalls, the transmission rebuilt, the heat shield fell off twice, the second time they wouldn't repair or replace, now i have a hole in the driver side carpet. I have been in rentals since the purchase. Just got car back on January 23, 2016, engine light is on by January 28, 2016. I'm so sick of this car. This was my 3rd Ford purchase and my last. I hope they take this lemon an squeeze it.