Used 2013 Ford Escape SUV Consumer Reviews - 135 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Ford Escape SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape model:

Escape gets you there, but just not all your stuff
By Loralee Holiman

2013 Ford Escape SUV SE 4dr SUV (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This is a nice little car; but having down-sized from a 7-passenger van, we missed the cargo room. If you plan to move furniture, kayaks, or large pieces of lumber, consider the next size up. Other than that, this SUV will get you there reliably and in comfort at an affordable price.

Should've heeded the reviews.............
By Barbara

2013 Ford Escape SUV SEL 4dr SUV AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I purchased my first Ford ever in May 2016. I fell in love with the looks of the 2013 Escape and against many warnings, I decided it was time to trade in my 2005 Lexus RX 330. I'd like to say first that I do really like the car. It's comfortable, love the electronics and handling and it's fun to drive. After about a month of owning the Escape, I noticed it making a high pitched whining noise when accelerating. I also noticed that when I put the gear in reverse, it banged roughly into reverse, which I know cannot be normal. I brought it to the Ford Dealer and luckily I have the extended warranty. They state it's the transmission and that in order to fix the noise, they'd need to take apart the transmission, which would be a few days holding it. Ford paid for me to have a rental, but to be honest, I really would rather drive the car I purchased. As far as the reverse gear issue, they haven't mentioned what they will do. I am disappointed with Ford. I cannot believe that I am now one of those people sitting here, writing a negative review on a vehicle I just purchased and will be stuck with for a long time. What scares me is that whenever they "fix" one problem, it usually leads to another. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this is my last and only major issue. Call me naive.

Escape!!
By Catherine

2013 Ford Escape SUV Titanium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I really love this car. It has little issues like sometimes the Sync wouldn't work or the low tire pressure light would go on for no reason. The hands free liftgate is really just a gimmick, doesn't work unless you have the keys really close to the car. Its not luxury but it is a great car.

I LOVE MY ESCAPE!!
By Rgtstylist

2013 Ford Escape SUV SEL 4dr SUV (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Have I had recalls? Yes. Is it annoying? Sometimes. In my case, Ford has kept up with what needed to be done before it was a problem. And the service department and service managers have been excellent. I have had 44 cars since I turned 16. I'm 54 now. Usually I keep a car a year or 2. But I can't bring myself to trade this one. Since I bought it I have had 3 other cars (I usually have a SUV/truck and a car at the same time.) and have no desire to replace this one. The leather seat fit me like it was made for me and having a back problem, that is very important. I have almost 20,000 miles in 3 years so I expect to own this SUV quite a while. Lovin my "SilverBullit".

My 13 Escape
By Snowman

2013 Ford Escape SUV SE 4dr SUV (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

The 2013 Ford Escape I had was an outstanding vehicle. I put over 70K on it in three years driving cross country twice. I never felt compromised in any situation whether it was snow, rain , mountains or just straight highway driving. Plenty of acceleration with ECO Boost (turbo) great gas mileage usually @ 30 highway 24 city. My wife is a small woman and was very pleased with control access and road view. I'll just say that we liked it so much we traded it and bought a 2016 Escape:)