Used 2013 Ford Escape SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Ford Escape SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape model:

2013 Ford Escape 2.0 Titanium
By GoTerps03

2013 Ford Escape SUV Titanium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

We traded in our 2007 MDX for a 2013 Ford Escape 2.0 Titanium in October of 2012. It had a lot of neat features and my wife and I liked the styling. Surprisingly this car has been headache free. It's the car we use to haul around our 2 year and dog and it's been perfect for that. Yes the fuel economy has been a bit disappointing and the Sync system at times can be sensitive and moody but overall this has been a good car.

Love it!
By Carol Franks

2013 Ford Escape SUV SEL 4dr SUV AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I love my Escape! It's quick and fast. It doesn't get the fuel mileage they advertise though, nearly 25mpg on the highway, I travel 1100 miles, one way, twice a year. On level ground, I am getting 23.5 mpg, when I'm at my home in the mountains, I get about 22. My only real disappointment is that I didn't get the Ford My Touch! The young salesman never mentioned it to me but it does add about $5000 to the total cost. Yes, it's had several recall's but to me that means that Ford is on the ball and not ignoring my safety.

My grandkids and I love the sun-roof, lol. I love the pick-up, lots of speed and quick maneuvering. The interior is comfortable and has lots of places for your "toys" like your cell phone, to plug in.

On the dash, in front of the radio screen, within the first month, the "pad" lifted off, that should be taken care of. I'll talk to my dealer about it when I take it in for this latest recall. Train your salespeople to show the buyer all the features and colors available. Take into consideration the shorter people who drive, there are many blind spots around the car.

A sporty little SUV, packed with amenities!
By alby144

2013 Ford Escape SUV SEL 4dr SUV AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

We bought a 2013 Escape SEL, that had about 12,000 miles on it and so far have had no problems. 26MPG all around milegage is pretty nice for such a sporty, fun to drive vehicle of this size. The interior is very nice with leather heated seats, auto-dimming mirrors, various colors of interior lighting to choose from and a very comfortable climate control system. We have had two re-call notices (of no consequence) which is a little inconvenient.

I love the look of this little SUV both inside and out. The leather seats are nice and pretty comfortable. The interior lighting is amazing as is the Ford Sync system which can be a little overwhelming; unless you're a techy then you'll probably dig it. The 1.6 liter engine is peppy and responsive. That coupled with the six speed transmission and a sporty ride make this little SUV fun to drive. I have to imagine the 2.0 liter model is even more fun to drive! But 26MPG makes the 1.6 liter all worthwhile. We haven't had it on a road trip yet, but it looks like it may get up to 32-33MPG on the highway.

Door handles on the interior seem a little cheap. With all the extras of the the SEL model the passenger seat has no lumbar support nor memory settings or even electronic controls! Seems a little crazy to have so many awesome features and then skimp on the passenger seat. Other than that this little SUV rocks!

Handles Nice, Poor MPG and Broken Things
By bneustein

2013 Ford Escape SUV SE 4dr SUV AWD (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I purchased this car after seeing a lot of good performance reviews and seeing an impressive 22/30 MPG sticker. I go off road, camping, and projects regularly so I wanted the AWD and the space that a small SUV provides. As of 30,000 miles - It handles well, dirt, water, snow. It is a nice ride and very comfortable. The bad: 17.5/22 MPG in PA, 19.5/24 MPG MD, all year round (and I tested it the old fashioned way of miles driven/fuel consumed, NOT the lying computer read out). 3 plastic parts including a handle broke within a year. 3 recall parts within the first year including overheating engine cylinders and a bad water pump. SYNC has never worked properly in this vehicle.

Comfortable ride, handles reasonably in the snow.

Fuel economy is terrible! Buy something else if you care about fuel economy. The dealership couldn't find any bad codes. Ford claimed there was nothing wrong then put out the recall on the overheating engine (which didn't fix the fuel economy). If you complain enough you can get an extended service plan or warranty, mine was extended to 5 years 72000 miles.

Love my SUV
By rgtstylist

2013 Ford Escape SUV SEL 4dr SUV (1.6L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have owned my Escape SEL almost a year. Yes I have had recalls, 4 in fact. But recalls are not unusual in the industry. Toyota Honda GM Hyundai etc have all had recalls. I love my SUV and the service Department at my Ford dealership is fantastic. Most of the gas mileage complaints seem to be coming from AWD models as I have read thru the reviews. My SUV is FWD and I have gotten over 30mpg with cruise control set on a highway ride. for the price of my SEL model that is really loaded I think it is a great choice for a smaller SUV. Power and handling with exceptional style.

SYNC, Leather interior, Chrome Wheels, All the little gadgets

My one complaint is the lack of storage for the little things you keep in a car. Just cup holders in the console and the compartment under the arm rest.