2013 Ford Escape - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape model:
Nice to look at, but that's it.
By ondemand26 on 08/29/14 17:51 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Escape Titanium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Bought this car in Oct '13. Very beautiful and a little out of my price range, but I decided to get it since it had every possible option on it. That was a mistake! This car has been out of service almost 2 weeks total and started having issues at 1,100 miles. Rattling in the front, wheel thumping and loud noise in strut sounds like it's coming off after a sharp turn, hatch won't shut correctly, sync system randomly shuts off, blind spot monitoring system doesn't work sometimes or it's incorrect. I have to second guess it constantly. The only nice thing is the way it looks inside and out. Interior storage space is virtually nonexistent and legroom up front isn't great.

Long road trip
By explorerx4 on 08/12/14 18:26 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Escape Titanium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Back from a 2500 mile road trip with our 2013 AWD Titanium. It's a good road trip vehicle. Fuel mileage is pretty good, about 26-27 mpg overall, and it has plenty of power. Handles the PA hills on I-80 with ease. Both front seats are ok for spending some hours in.

Disappointed in my 2013 Ford Escape Titanium
By kellyg511 on 05/17/14 09:35 AM (PDT)

2013 Ford Escape Titanium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Purchased my 2013 Ford Escape Titanium in November, 2012. Since then, I have had numerous mechanical/electronic problems. Faulty door hands, a power lift gate that didn't work, a bluetooth phone system that no one could hear me on, a radio with no sound, a defroster that didn't work secondary to radio issues, steering issues, and most recently a blown transmission. My last trip to the repair shop lasted 51 days. I am left with nothing but aggravation and what I believe to be an unreliable/unsafe vehicle. Have an ongoing case with Ford Motor Company, which has been passed through nine people - none of which have given me any support. Asking ford to repurchase my vehicle. I've had enough.

Horrible gas mileage and resale is horrendous
By stack2 on 02/22/14 21:05 PM (PST)

2013 Ford Escape Titanium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought my Escape Titanium not even a year ago. It was the first Ford I had purchased and liked it enough to buy my wife an Explorer. Overall fit and finish is descent and the performance has been good. However the gas mileage has been horrendous! I am averaging 19 MPG in mostly highway miles when the car is supposed to get 21 city, 28 highway, 24 combined. It doesn’t matter how you drive it, the absolute best I have seen is 21 on the highway. I have also had numerous issues with the parking sensors going off on their own, and the BLIS popping up warning alerts and the navigation freezing. When I take it to the dealer they state they can’t find anything wrong.

2013 Ford Escape AWD
By gailgwen on 02/03/14 15:26 PM (PST)

2013 Ford Escape Titanium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought this car when it first came out. It handles well and is peppy. My biggest complaint is the gas miles: 17 miles in town (worse than my 2003 Explore) and if I am lucky I get 23 miles on the highway. I can barely get 200 miles on a full tank highway driving. Also, I have the towing package, the kicking the leg under the rear bumper is not possible. Finally, the seats front seats are small.

Great Compact SUV!
By ykolettis on 12/20/13 23:21 PM (PST)

2013 Ford Escape Titanium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Got this as a second car to spare my '11 M3 winter wear and tear in the Midwest. Test drove the Santa Fe, RAV4, CR-V and CX-5 before settling on the Escape. Have had the car for five months and still very much enjoy driving it daily.

MPG not as advertised
By sonni on 10/20/13 14:14 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Escape Titanium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Leased the top of the line AWD in July. I reside in Staten Island NY and drive a combo of local and highway. The vehicle is really nice. All the bells and whistles, comfrtable, great sound system, etc. However, the advertised MPG has not materialized to date, (the manager of my deaership said the eco-boost kicks in at around 5,000 miles). Furthermore, I consider myself to have a very light foot. So to keep it simple, its a great mid sized SUV and I would recomend it, its a quality vehicle. But if you're buying it because of the high MPG, don't. According to the car's own instrament panel, I'm getting a combined 17 mpg now. Much less than I expected. Range on full tank is only 270 miles.

13 Escape 2.0L Ecoboost
By canon60d on 08/23/13 06:22 AM (PDT)

2013 Ford Escape Titanium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Bought in May, and have had no issues whatsoever. The engine is a delight, strong and linear acceleration when you need it. Shifts are smooth with the 6 speed transmission, and the sport mode is great in the hills or twisties to eliminate unwanted shifts. Capable of decent gas mileage, but the turbo is way more fun. The really cool thing is the way it handles. Fantastic trip car, i had 4 adults, and a 1 year old with a huge car seat, and clothes for 3 days in the back, loaded to the gills, on twisty roads, and it handled like a dream. Pricey when loaded,but no more so that a Acura, or VW Tiguan, neither of which compares in performance, or feature set. Glad I bought it.

I hate my 2013 Ford Escape
By hartson on 08/18/13 12:19 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Escape Titanium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have had problem after problem in the 10 months of owning this car. Leak in tire to start, then sync issues, then bad head light due to bad wiring at Ford manufacturing, horn goes off when open back hatch (sometimes), now water leaking under car, air and heat stop working and the latest vehicle health report says to take in right away for service due to brakes and suspension service required. I bought a new car to avoid problems. And I gave up a Toyota with 100k miles with no problems. Now I have to spend my valuable time once again taking in for service. Also, the last time the dealer acted like they were doing me a favor when they fixed the head light - Really!!!

Mileage, SYNC Very disappointing
By pasosteve on 04/17/13 16:29 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Escape Titanium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I thought the turbo 2.0 liter engine and 6 speed automatic would provide OUTSTANDING mileage. Not so much. Best I've ever done at freeway speeds is 25.6. Been in shop three times for SYNC problems. Finally the shop told me it's either my iPhone or my iPod that causing problems. I've driven for two weeks w/o either plugged in and so far so good. Not up to my expectations

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Ford Escape in VA is:

$104 per month*