2013 Ford Escape - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape model:
Horrible gas mileage and resale is horrendous
By stack2 on 02/22/14 21:05 PM (PST)

2013 Ford Escape Titanium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought my Escape Titanium not even a year ago. It was the first Ford I had purchased and liked it enough to buy my wife an Explorer. Overall fit and finish is descent and the performance has been good. However the gas mileage has been horrendous! I am averaging 19 MPG in mostly highway miles when the car is supposed to get 21 city, 28 highway, 24 combined. It doesn’t matter how you drive it, the absolute best I have seen is 21 on the highway. I have also had numerous issues with the parking sensors going off on their own, and the BLIS popping up warning alerts and the navigation freezing. When I take it to the dealer they state they can’t find anything wrong.

2013 Ford Escape AWD
By gailgwen on 02/03/14 15:26 PM (PST)

2013 Ford Escape Titanium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought this car when it first came out. It handles well and is peppy. My biggest complaint is the gas miles: 17 miles in town (worse than my 2003 Explore) and if I am lucky I get 23 miles on the highway. I can barely get 200 miles on a full tank highway driving. Also, I have the towing package, the kicking the leg under the rear bumper is not possible. Finally, the seats front seats are small.

Great Compact SUV!
By ykolettis on 12/20/13 23:21 PM (PST)

2013 Ford Escape Titanium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Got this as a second car to spare my '11 M3 winter wear and tear in the Midwest. Test drove the Santa Fe, RAV4, CR-V and CX-5 before settling on the Escape. Have had the car for five months and still very much enjoy driving it daily.

MPG not as advertised
By sonni on 10/20/13 14:14 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Escape Titanium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Leased the top of the line AWD in July. I reside in Staten Island NY and drive a combo of local and highway. The vehicle is really nice. All the bells and whistles, comfrtable, great sound system, etc. However, the advertised MPG has not materialized to date, (the manager of my deaership said the eco-boost kicks in at around 5,000 miles). Furthermore, I consider myself to have a very light foot. So to keep it simple, its a great mid sized SUV and I would recomend it, its a quality vehicle. But if you're buying it because of the high MPG, don't. According to the car's own instrament panel, I'm getting a combined 17 mpg now. Much less than I expected. Range on full tank is only 270 miles.

13 Escape 2.0L Ecoboost
By canon60d on 08/23/13 06:22 AM (PDT)

2013 Ford Escape Titanium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Bought in May, and have had no issues whatsoever. The engine is a delight, strong and linear acceleration when you need it. Shifts are smooth with the 6 speed transmission, and the sport mode is great in the hills or twisties to eliminate unwanted shifts. Capable of decent gas mileage, but the turbo is way more fun. The really cool thing is the way it handles. Fantastic trip car, i had 4 adults, and a 1 year old with a huge car seat, and clothes for 3 days in the back, loaded to the gills, on twisty roads, and it handled like a dream. Pricey when loaded,but no more so that a Acura, or VW Tiguan, neither of which compares in performance, or feature set. Glad I bought it.

I hate my 2013 Ford Escape
By hartson on 08/18/13 12:19 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Escape Titanium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have had problem after problem in the 10 months of owning this car. Leak in tire to start, then sync issues, then bad head light due to bad wiring at Ford manufacturing, horn goes off when open back hatch (sometimes), now water leaking under car, air and heat stop working and the latest vehicle health report says to take in right away for service due to brakes and suspension service required. I bought a new car to avoid problems. And I gave up a Toyota with 100k miles with no problems. Now I have to spend my valuable time once again taking in for service. Also, the last time the dealer acted like they were doing me a favor when they fixed the head light - Really!!!

Mileage, SYNC Very disappointing
By pasosteve on 04/17/13 16:29 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Escape Titanium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I thought the turbo 2.0 liter engine and 6 speed automatic would provide OUTSTANDING mileage. Not so much. Best I've ever done at freeway speeds is 25.6. Been in shop three times for SYNC problems. Finally the shop told me it's either my iPhone or my iPod that causing problems. I've driven for two weeks w/o either plugged in and so far so good. Not up to my expectations

Brand new impression
By norcalrn on 04/17/13 00:26 AM (PDT)

2013 Ford Escape Titanium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

My car is less than a week old, maybe 240 miles tracked so far. So far no flaws that I can tell, everything performs as I'd expect it would.

1st New Vehicle in 5 years!
By mkrahn on 04/12/13 19:35 PM (PDT)

2013 Ford Escape Titanium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

My wife and I looked at many vehicles including the Explorer Sport, all new Forester, Audi Q5 etc... Price range was high 30's to low 40's. The Audi Q5 was our second choice and Forester was third because of the transmission. We eneded up selling our 2008 loaded Ford Focus having 72K for 9000. So far less 1000 miles averaging 22.3mpg. We made the decision for the loaded up Escape because of the style and technology plus needing gas mpg. No issue so far and we both love it!

Terrible Mileage and Range
By wi_escape54843 on 03/24/13 10:02 AM (PDT)

2013 Ford Escape Titanium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Bought this as commuter car knowing I'd give up some mileage to AWD, but hills of Duluth and tough winter made it good choice. With 1200 mi in just 2 wks, mpg < 21 on 160 mi daily commute w/ 90% hwy. Ford claim of 24 avg w 28 hwy is unacceptably inaccurate. By comparison - the 07 Sebring I traded avg 29 - 31 (seasonal), even my 03 dura max avg 20.6 for same journey as it is the ride I used for tough winter days. Escape worsens this with a small tank compared to Sebring with barely 300 mi, compared to 420 I had. So far - I'm incredibly disappointed.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Ford Escape in NJ is:

$171 per month*