Used 2013 Ford Escape Titanium Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Ford Escape - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Escape model:

2013 Ford Escape 2.0 Titanium
By GoTerps03

2013 Ford Escape Titanium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

We traded in our 2007 MDX for a 2013 Ford Escape 2.0 Titanium in October of 2012. It had a lot of neat features and my wife and I liked the styling. Surprisingly this car has been headache free. It's the car we use to haul around our 2 year and dog and it's been perfect for that. Yes the fuel economy has been a bit disappointing and the Sync system at times can be sensitive and moody but overall this has been a good car.

Nice to look at, but that's it.
By ondemand26

2013 Ford Escape Titanium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Bought this car in Oct '13. Very beautiful and a little out of my price range, but I decided to get it since it had every possible option on it. That was a mistake! This car has been out of service almost 2 weeks total and started having issues at 1,100 miles. Rattling in the front, wheel thumping and loud noise in strut sounds like it's coming off after a sharp turn, hatch won't shut correctly, sync system randomly shuts off, blind spot monitoring system doesn't work sometimes or it's incorrect. I have to second guess it constantly. The only nice thing is the way it looks inside and out. Interior storage space is virtually nonexistent and legroom up front isn't great.

Sync and all it's features (when it works correctly), automatic lift gate (when it works correctly), super hot and fast heated seats with memory, turbo charged engine and the power it delivers.

Ford needs to quit playing around and take some responsibility for this vehicle and ACCEPT that it is a LEMON. They really need to scrap everything they know about this vehicle and start over. A relative suggested how great Ford has become and told me to give them a try. I test drove it and loved it. Big mistake! Never will I trust a Ford vehicle again! They are junk, too expensive for the quality you get, and are unsafe with constant recalls (already 3) Ford has disappointed me with their lack of quality/reliability, for not accepting responsibility for their faults, and for poor customer service. Do yourself a favor and skip Ford all together, especially the Escape!

Long road trip
By explorerx4

2013 Ford Escape Titanium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Back from a 2500 mile road trip with our 2013 AWD Titanium. It's a good road trip vehicle. Fuel mileage is pretty good, about 26-27 mpg overall, and it has plenty of power. Handles the PA hills on I-80 with ease. Both front seats are ok for spending some hours in.

Memory seat/mirror settings are convenient when you change drivers.

Rain sensing wipers work well most of the time, but not always,

Disappointed in my 2013 Ford Escape Titanium
By kellyg511

2013 Ford Escape Titanium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Purchased my 2013 Ford Escape Titanium in November, 2012. Since then, I have had numerous mechanical/electronic problems. Faulty door hands, a power lift gate that didn't work, a bluetooth phone system that no one could hear me on, a radio with no sound, a defroster that didn't work secondary to radio issues, steering issues, and most recently a blown transmission. My last trip to the repair shop lasted 51 days. I am left with nothing but aggravation and what I believe to be an unreliable/unsafe vehicle. Have an ongoing case with Ford Motor Company, which has been passed through nine people - none of which have given me any support. Asking ford to repurchase my vehicle. I've had enough.

Nothing at this point. Such a disappointment.

Ford Motor Company should not be okay with customers paying close to 40K for a vehicle that has so many issues. My main suggested improvement is better customer service. Having my case passed through so many representatives does not make me feel like you care - it conveys the message of the complete opposite. That they do not care. Very sad. My father has worked for Ford for almost 35 years and is devastated by the trouble I have been having...and the lack of assistance available.

Horrible gas mileage and resale is horrendous
By stack2

2013 Ford Escape Titanium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought my Escape Titanium not even a year ago. It was the first Ford I had purchased and liked it enough to buy my wife an Explorer. Overall fit and finish is descent and the performance has been good. However the gas mileage has been horrendous! I am averaging 19 MPG in mostly highway miles when the car is supposed to get 21 city, 28 highway, 24 combined. It doesn’t matter how you drive it, the absolute best I have seen is 21 on the highway. I have also had numerous issues with the parking sensors going off on their own, and the BLIS popping up warning alerts and the navigation freezing. When I take it to the dealer they state they can’t find anything wrong.

The car is fun to drive and the 2.0 liter turbocharged ecoboost engine is a blast, I just wish the gas mileage would be “close” to what they advertise!

The most depressing thing about the car is resale! I put 19,000 miles on the car in 10-months and the gas mileage is killing me. The sticker on the car was $37,420 and I took it in to be appraised for trade-in. The car is literally like brand new, loaded, not a scratch and I’m being offered $20,000! A $17,000 loss unbelievable - what a rip off! We got rid of my wife’s Explorer last week because it also had horrible (less than advertised) mileage and also lost $9,000 on it. Bottom line, Fords have horrible (way less than advertised) gas mileage and their resale is horrendous. I like the vehicles, but we will not be buying any more Fords – ever!