2012 Ford Escape Consumer Review: Pretty good little car

2012 Ford Escape - Consumer Review

Pretty good little car
By cpatterson1177 on

2012 Ford Escape Limited 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

The leather seats are very comfortable once you get the seat adjust just as you like it. My passengers tell me that there is a ton of room in the back seats and that the back seats are very comfortable. I got the steel blue color and I notice that it shows dirt very easily. Even right after I wash it, dirt appears on it. The back area is very prone to getting water spray from the rear wheels. I would recommend mud flaps. The premium stereo has a lot of features to it, but the speakers do not sound "premium". I would like a clearer sound and some additional bass. Also, the speakers on the front are in the door, so you leg muffles them. The ride is very comfortable, but has big turn radius.

Favorite Features

My favorite features are the premium sound system, the leather seats and the rear-view camera. The premium sound system comes with the SYNC system, Bluetooth audio, a USB plugin, and Sirius satellite radio. I can pretty much listen to anything I want to. The leather seats are so comfortable. I drive 45 minutes to work everyday and I am so much more relaxed when I get to work and arrive at home. The rear-view camera is brilliant. I'm glad that it's going to be required on all models starting in 2013. I can see everything behind me. I don't have to worry about hitting cars or other people. It makes backing into a parking spot so much easier.

Suggested Improvements

The speakers in the front need to not be in the doors. The sound gets muffled but your leg. Put up on the dash to get better sound. Do not use the piano black interior anymore. It looks good for about 5 minutes after you buy the car and then there is dust and hair everywhere. Add memory settings for the driver seat. Since there are so many different options for the driver seat, it's hard to get back to exactly right after someone else drives it. Put the controls for the cruise control on the ride side of the steering wheel. The controls on the left side are awkward.