2012 Ford Escape Consumer Review: My FIRST SUV - Loving it !

2012 Ford Escape - Consumer Review

XLS 4dr SUV (2.5L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

My FIRST SUV - Loving it !
By gwsmith on

2012 Ford Escape XLS 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

First off, this is my first new car in 30 years, and have been a Saturn owner for the last 10... I needed something to transport my keyboard gear to the shows. Now, there is plenty of room for all the equipment now. Owned for only 6 weeks and the OD just turned 1800 miles and it has been 100% problem free thus far!

Car is QUIET and very smooth. This one is a FWD (lighter) model with the 3.0 V6 and very quick for its 240 HP. You can toast up the front tires if you start from a traffic light too aggressively (O: My average MPG is hanging right at 25.4 according to the display, and I can't complain about it.. I am enjoying a GOOD audio system (Premium) where I don't have to change - cutup or ADD stuff... I have been doing that with too many cars in the past. Love the SYNC voice command and built in satellite receiver, USB connection. The added turn by turn GPS system works very well too. I can go on and on.. PWR seat - Mirrors - cruise control, conveniences I've missed for a long time!

Only thing I can think of is DISC brakes for the rear wheels.........but, alas, the 2013 model has changed all that... 2012 being the final year for THIS generation means that it has seen many improvements over time. The drive train has proven itself since 2009 one would think.