Great SUV For The Price So Far
By bman27 on
2012 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)
I had a 05 escape so i am used to how the handle and drive. I got the car for about 21,900 for the sxt with no other features like the sun package etc.. The 4 cyl accelerates well and the handling is nice. I do agree that the brakes need to catch up with the times and go to all wheel disc brakes. If you are looking for a american car without want to spend 30k this is a nice one to try. I am tall and i fit well. The sticker did not say anything about wheel tilt but it is on all of them. No telescoping adjust but who uses that move your seat up then!
Favorite Features
he new escape with the power steering wheel assist makes the steering wheel very light to turn. Does not feel like you are handling a big rig. I think the inside seats are much more comfortable than my old 05 escape. The dash layout is really nice and the steering controls are cool too. I do agree with one review that they put too much stuff on the turn signal control. It works the signals, the bright lites, the wipers front and back. It was much nicer on the old escapes when the had a control stick on the right of the wheel to off load some of the features so you arent wrestling with too many things when driving.
Suggested Improvements
The doors are very hard to close. Hopefully it goes away when it gets some use. I literally have to SLAM the trunk or else it says trunk ajar. I thought my wife was not closing it hard but i went out there to close it as normal and it did not shut all the way. Yes - the 4 corners of the trunk underneath when it is open are not painted. But all the dealer will do is touchup paint them. The car has front disc brakes and back drums which is ridiculous on a suv since it hampers the 0-60 braking time. If you had a old escape you will notice the spare tire is now under the car instead of a cubby hole where it used to be under the mat.