2012 Ford Escape 2.5L 4-cyl. 6-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Ford Escape 3.0 ~~Great Vehicle

2012 Ford Escape SUV - Consumer Review

Ford Escape 3.0 ~~Great Vehicle
By Den5276 on

2012 Ford Escape XLT 4dr SUV (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I've had the 2012 Escape XLT FWD 3.0 engine since Early April. We just drove it from NYC to Knoxville, TN & back again. It was a pleasure to drive. Got gas mileage around 22 miles a gal but I had a load in the vehicle and had a Thule Roof carrier which no doubt affected the mileage. I was amazed to see so many Escapes on the Road. A winner !!

Favorite Features

Radio was excellent. The rear seats fold down very easily providing a large space to carry luggage and all the stuff we needed to bring with us. Seats are comfortable to ride on for long trip. Excellent visibility all around.Quiet cabin, comfortable ride. . Plenty of space makes the Escape comfortable for the passengers in the cabin. Plenty of power from the 3.0 engine, getting out into traffic on the Interstates

Suggested Improvements

I thought the 3.0 Engine was a little noisey while it idled. Not as quiet as other 6 cyl engines I've had. (Ex~~2008 Chev Malibu 3.8. Quiet as a mouse) Engine had 'tapping noise'. Other that that, no problem so far.